Bird Poop on Dish and signal??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
SO i have been have issue with most channels just skipping/jump not often but enough to be annoying and few other channels like cometv being much worse to point really annoying. and I wonder if bird poop on the dish can cause signal issue? I already have some out 2 times to "align" the dish and they said it cant get any better. I have clear los of satalites too but there has been bird poop on them for year or so.

61.5 seem to have signal range from 45 to 50 on some transponders and 50- 60 on others

Can bird poop interfere with signal should I bother to clean the dish? cause I dont want to call dish out to "align" my dish again last 2 times they did they took down the dish/ lnb and switch cause " they" were wrong setup just to find the setup that supposed to work for 2 h3 and 2 4k joeys dont work and what I have is correct which was install by the original installer. each time they left with wiring wrong and joey line going to h3 and h3 line going to the joey which cause all kinds issues.

Never had any these issue but these skippying and jumping and random scrambling start in the past year cause I first noticed all this aboyt year ago

The only time I've seen bird poop cause a signal problem on a dish was when a neighbor had a large glop on one of the LNB covers. I've cleaned bird poop off my own 1000.4 reflectors from time to time, but not because of any noticeable signal issues, just aesthetic issues. That means because my wife said, 'Ewwww!" ;)

I use a general purpose spray cleaner, usually bleach based like one of the Clorox cleaning products. If the poop has been there for a long time, liberally spray it and let it sit for an hour or so. Be careful when scrubbing that you don't accidentally shift the dish on the pole. I suggest using a marker first to make sure it stays put or can be returned if it does move.

Reactions: charlesrshell
that would kill your signal unless it was just on top but if it's metal it will cause you to realign
I would think it would be ok. It is plastic and would somehow be mounted across the top reflector edge. I think that is where the birds perch on and crap down the reflector. I used wire ties to mount it on my mailbox.

I’d worry if I saw a vulture on my dish!

:D
Time Warner Cable actually used that image on one of their junk mail postcard advertisements, many years ago. The caption was "Nature has a way of weeding out the weak." I thought it was funny, so I put it on my wall as a poster, where it stayed for a long time. Now I wish I had kept it, so I could share it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)