Bird View dish?

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Just happened to look outside and saw this... It's actually a Channelmaster 1.2m pointed at 103w :)

Attachments

• Bird-View_1.JPG
    Bird-View_1.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 144
Do you mean this one? It does not look like Channel Master antenna to me. Perhaps Prodelin.

Attachments

• Bird-View_1.JPG
    Bird-View_1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 106
Pretty sure it says Channel Master on the back... I actually have two of them, identical. I switched out the single polarity LNBs for dual (dual polarity) Inverto Black LNBs.

Reactions: RimaNTSS
Do you mean this one? It does not look like Channel Master antenna to me. Perhaps Prodelin.
I think you are wrong about that. I have two of those and the Channel Master brand is embossed on the back. Those are old PrimeStar dishes and they are great for Ku reception.

A PrimeStar dish made by CM has many differences to that picture. The LNB arms and holder are different. The CM dish has a 7" square bolt pattern holding the dish to the mount. A prodelin has a larger bolt pattern.

SAM_8360.JPG

The back side of the CM

KuDishProject 004.JPG

A Prodelin

1.2M 002.JPG

Yes I can post a picture once it warms up a bit (-30 camera won't likely work). This is a very old dish though, but does look like the second pic in Magic's post above. The two I have came from a local broadcast company.
Edit, braved the cold and used the smartphone. Can't read the model plate though it's too weathered or is gone... so I guess we can call it what ever we want. :)
Re-loaded the posts above missed the center picture for some reason, it obviously looks like the 3rd image above.

Attachments

• backview1.2m_1.jpg
    backview1.2m_1.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)