Bird View dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Cham

VE4GLS
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 19, 2008
Boonies
Just happened to look outside and saw this... It's actually a Channelmaster 1.2m pointed at 103w :)

Attachments

• Bird-View_1.JPG
    Bird-View_1.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 146
Do you mean this one? It does not look like Channel Master antenna to me. Perhaps Prodelin.

Attachments

• Bird-View_1.JPG
    Bird-View_1.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 109
Pretty sure it says Channel Master on the back... I actually have two of them, identical. I switched out the single polarity LNBs for dual (dual polarity) Inverto Black LNBs.

Reactions: RimaNTSS
Do you mean this one? It does not look like Channel Master antenna to me. Perhaps Prodelin.
I think you are wrong about that. I have two of those and the Channel Master brand is embossed on the back. Those are old PrimeStar dishes and they are great for Ku reception.

A PrimeStar dish made by CM has many differences to that picture. The LNB arms and holder are different. The CM dish has a 7" square bolt pattern holding the dish to the mount. A prodelin has a larger bolt pattern.

SAM_8360.JPG

The back side of the CM

KuDishProject 004.JPG

A Prodelin

1.2M 002.JPG

Yes I can post a picture once it warms up a bit (-30 camera won't likely work). This is a very old dish though, but does look like the second pic in Magic's post above. The two I have came from a local broadcast company.
Edit, braved the cold and used the smartphone. Can't read the model plate though it's too weathered or is gone... so I guess we can call it what ever we want. :)
Re-loaded the posts above missed the center picture for some reason, it obviously looks like the 3rd image above.

Attachments

• backview1.2m_1.jpg
    backview1.2m_1.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)