Bird with 3 PowerVU channels at 11900 V 13203?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thisBUDsforyou

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
Last night I installed my Starband dish in a permanent location looking for G10. This dish is skewable and I find hard to aim for both azimuth and elevation. After blind scanning for a while I got signal on a bird that has three encrypted channels on 11900 V 13203 that came up as Channel #1, Channel #2 and Channel #3 with PowerVU encryption. After peaking the signal my Merc II also found TP's at 11974 V 19141, 12018 V 30031, 12139 V 30031, 11798 H 27719, 11894 H 4906 and 11875 H 21938, but no channels came up. Looking through Lyngsat at anything within 15 degrees of G10 the only one I found that looks plausible is Satmex5 at 116.8. Can anyone confirm this?

The transponders I scanned in don't seem to match very well with either Horizons 1 at 127 or Satmex5. I'm totally confused now, maybe it's some other bird. Can't get anything to line up.

Channel 1, 2 and 3 are on The List Horizons 1/Galaxy 13 at 11900 V 13200 as PowerVu.

Rest are probably just feeds. If nobody else has done it by the time I get home, I'll scan 127 and see what comes up.

Ooh you're right, that is a good match. Thanks, guys! I guess all I need to do is pan a little to the left and up a tad and I'll be on G10.

Thanks Iceberg and Cracklincrotch! When I got home last night and got everything set up it took me maybe 2 minutes to find G10. Without your help I probably would have spent a couple hours on a wild goose chase thinking I was on Satmex 5 when I was really on Horizons 1. Seems like The List has better information for dish pointing that Lyngsat does. Lesson learned for next time.

Anything still on 127? I'm trying to find it. Something I can get a good strong lock on with Ku then swap out the LNB for C-band. I'm not having any luck with the stuff that's supposedly there.

man, you are quick tonight!

so, I should be able to lock it then with any of those TPs from post #1, right?

I used to be able to hit 127 before with the motorized setup, guess that tree at the edge must have grown a little bit. (the house is in the way of 129, there's a tree on the other side of the house in that general direction)

I just wanted to know for sure I could lock it before attempting with the stationary dish which has no LOS issues. I would hate to spend half the night trying to peak on something that ain't there.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)