Birdog Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alex shaw

Original poster
Apr 23, 2017
Fresno
Hello FTA4PA, I read one of your posts that you posted a while back. It was about your meter not finding any satellites. I am having the same problem. I just bought a birddog from an older fella who bought his for his rv. It turns on and is loaded with many sets, however, when trying to find sat dtv 101 or 119 I just get searching with no dark bar and it is at 0 as if it is receiving no desire. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hank123
Hello fta4pa, I read one of your posts that you posted a while back. It was about your meter not finding any satellites. I am having the same problem. I just bought a birddog from an older fella who bought his for his rv. It turns on and is loaded with many sets, however, when trying to find sat dtv 101 or 119 I just get searching with no dark bar and it is at 0 as if it is receiving no desire. Any thoughts?
:welcome to Satelliteguys Alex shaw!

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Alex shaw!!
I have moved your post to the appropriate forum....maybe.

What is it exactly that you are trying to do?

Hello FTA4PA, I read one of your posts that you posted a while back. It was about your meter not finding any satellites. I am having the same problem. I just bought a birddog from an older fella who bought his for his rv. It turns on and is loaded with many sets, however, when trying to find sat dtv 110 or 119 I just get searching with no dark bar and it is at 0 as if it is receiving no desire. Any thoughts?
Sorry for the late response. I was busy yesterday (removed snowblower from tractor, mounted deck, mowed til after dark :rolleyes:). The Birdog I had turned out to be defective and the only part that was good was the display. Luckily one of the kind members on here had one that was good except for the display and I was able to get a working unit from the two. My meter is loaded with free to air sats. As far as I know nothing from DTV on 110 or 119 is free to air so I can't give any advice on that. Many channels are available though on ku and c band that are free to air. As KE4EST said, perhaps you could let us know what you are looking for and someone may be able to offer some help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If your looking for Dtv 101, are you using a KAKU lnb, swm LNB, or a 18 inch LNB?
119 will tune with a swm5, KAKU5, or 18x20 by looking at the 101.

Give us an idea of what you are trying to find.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)