Birdog sat meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fishface

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I have a birdog 2.5 sat meter and have downloaded the most recent updates for direct TV. I have a clear view but I am unable to get the sat meter to "find" the bird. I receive a signal but the birdog never seems to give me the "found" message. What am I missing or doing wrong. Thanks for the help

Is your Mast/Pole plumb? are you sure you have the elevation settings correct for your dish type? I assume your looking for 101 right?

everything is plumb. elevation is correct. Looking for 101. It is an old round dish. I get the signal on the S but never finds bird for the Q. I am very frustrated.

It is possible that the LNB is bad. As you sweep do you get 72 then jumps up to 196 then down and then back? Have you tried a new cable?

I have tried mutiple LNB's so I do not think that is the problem. I will set it up on a new pole tomorrow with it plumbed and see it I can get a better result. Thanks for the help I will update you tomorrow with my progress.

As you do a sweep for the 101 there are 3 other birds within 15 degrees that will register but not ping.. they will send your BD from 70 to 110+ making you think you are close. Have you verified your settings in your receiver and used Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to get a idea where you should be pointing. also are you 100% positive the Dish is not dinged bent or damaged in any way and that the arm has not been bent even slightly?

I am using an old round dish. I was up on the roof today and found 101 with an s value of 198 and an s value of 202 on 119. I am positive these are the strongest signals and I have used an inclometer to verify azimuth and elevation. I brought the dish down to the ground and made a make shift mast and am able to get a "found" message but the Q value remains at zero. What am I doing Wrong. It sucks to be dumb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)