Birdog sat meter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fishface

Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
I have a birdog 2.5 sat meter and have downloaded the most recent updates for direct TV. I have a clear view but I am unable to get the sat meter to "find" the bird. I receive a signal but the birdog never seems to give me the "found" message. What am I missing or doing wrong. Thanks for the help

Is your Mast/Pole plumb? are you sure you have the elevation settings correct for your dish type? I assume your looking for 101 right?

everything is plumb. elevation is correct. Looking for 101. It is an old round dish. I get the signal on the S but never finds bird for the Q. I am very frustrated.

It is possible that the LNB is bad. As you sweep do you get 72 then jumps up to 196 then down and then back? Have you tried a new cable?

I have tried mutiple LNB's so I do not think that is the problem. I will set it up on a new pole tomorrow with it plumbed and see it I can get a better result. Thanks for the help I will update you tomorrow with my progress.

As you do a sweep for the 101 there are 3 other birds within 15 degrees that will register but not ping.. they will send your BD from 70 to 110+ making you think you are close. Have you verified your settings in your receiver and used Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com to get a idea where you should be pointing. also are you 100% positive the Dish is not dinged bent or damaged in any way and that the arm has not been bent even slightly?

I am using an old round dish. I was up on the roof today and found 101 with an s value of 198 and an s value of 202 on 119. I am positive these are the strongest signals and I have used an inclometer to verify azimuth and elevation. I brought the dish down to the ground and made a make shift mast and am able to get a "found" message but the Q value remains at zero. What am I doing Wrong. It sucks to be dumb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.