Birdview 2028 and equipment available in Buffalo, NY area

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SolarEclipse

Original poster
May 29, 2008
Holland, NY
Hi all,

I purchased a house last year with a Birdview AP 2028 dish, measures 8.5' straight across. Previous owner also left the antenna drive controller and stereo satellite receiver. All the wires are coiled up and hanging on the dish. I have enough hobbies as it is, so this stuff is available to a good home. Make an offer and come pick it up!

Attachments

• IMG_4431.JPG
    IMG_4431.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_4432.JPG
    IMG_4432.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 249
Hi Eclipse:

1. Are you in Erie County/(Eastern NY state...)?
2. Would you take a quick $100.00 for the Birdie?
3. Can do a fast pick-up/turnaround, - just say the word/provide (PM me your contact info) to confirm any needed details...

I am ready for a "mini road-adventure"!

thnx much
Hyper - Out!

Hi Eclipse:

1. Are you in Erie County/(Eastern NY state...)?
2. Would you take a quick $100.00 for the Birdie?
3. Can do a fast pick-up/turnaround, - just say the word/provide (PM me your contact info) to confirm any needed details...

I am ready for a "mini road-adventure"!

thnx much
Hyper - Out!
Good for you Hyper! If you never have taken down a Birdview, LinuxMan gave me some great direction on it. Its on the thread titled: Journal of my two satellite dishes going up, beginning to the end (
multipage.gif
123 ... Last Page)
thomas34461usa
It should help.

Let us know how it goes and take some photo's.

Tom

:D

The dish is down and on Mr. hyper's vehicle on it's way back to his house. I'll let him post the photos. Came apart pretty easily. Liberal use of Liquid Wrench helped quite a bit.

Hyper -

Welcome to the growing club of Birdview owners.
We'll look forward to your story and photos.

SolarEclipse -

Sorry we couln't interest you in FTA.
But thanks for making a Birdview available to one of the boys here.

Well, as I said... I have too many hobbies as it is! But I'm glad to see this go to someone who's going to appreciate it rather than the junkyard.

BirdAdventures

Hey All:

:D Start of yet another BirdAdventure. Pls don't try :yikes this Bird/dish-carryAll technique for any long haul, - unless you've had some BoyScout training...!

On taking down the Bird, photos courtesy of SolarEclipse (thnx much!) are:

#4482 - HtoH motor housing "Critter Motel"... :hungry: the lady bugs check in, but they don't check out! Various insect cadavers, larvae, mud-caverns, & wasp havens!
(would make for great elementary student show-and-tell);

#4488 - Empty clusters of past "gormet wasp-meals"; (by the handful!)

#4484 - "Grease-it-Don't-shear-It" (use liquid-drench technique) ... still, we :eek:broke off multiple struts & bolts... anything quarter inch just sheared right apart despite the liberal-lube job...

#4485 - "Timmmberrrr" - to the crusty pole... Saved and replanted it (slid over over dual smaller pipes). Next will drill an inch-and-half opening near top/ thru side (under the polar pivot assy) to fill the pole one-third up from above grade (for stability as it is quite thin-walled);

#4493 - Finshed DiS-hAssembly :up well before Noon EST...

#4490 - Roof-sled HO! A.K.A. "Home-Depot/$15" Bird-delivery rack... being :eek: cheap as I am, opted to sled-it-home atop the Isuzu. Wood stops - fore, aft, and lateral. Wind noise was stifling. Top speed home 55mph! Slight rack pitch downward at front alters wind load effect. Felt like Rodeo had grown wings.

#4491 - Tie-down Quality and Safety control are key... yet, the straps stretched nearly two inches :mad: on the 500 plus mile trek home... lucky I was watching :D when the dish popped right off the back stop and started sliding back. The side ropes saved it, just as we anticipated they (should).

#4489 - Homeward :eureka bound!

Next :hatsoff:some progress on triage/rebuild.
Say - Anyone out there wanna sell me a 72:1 Bird gearbox?
How about a high-count magnet wheel?

HA!
thnx
HyperOut!

Attachments

• IMG_4482.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4488.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4484.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4485.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4493.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_4490.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4491.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4492.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_4489.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 415
It's a shame that you chose PDF format.

The JPG format loads so nicely with a nice thumbnail. As much as I would like to take a look, I am not going to open the bloated Adobe Reader for each individual picture. :(

BirdAdventure in jpg

How true ...! Thnx for the tip.

Here's a more convenient format for all :).

Hyper

Attachments

• IMG_4482.JPG
    IMG_4482.JPG
    730.7 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_4488.JPG
    IMG_4488.JPG
    696.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4485.JPG
    IMG_4485.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 203
  • IMG_4493.JPG
    IMG_4493.JPG
    965.5 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_4490.JPG
    IMG_4490.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_4491.JPG
    IMG_4491.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4492.JPG
    IMG_4492.JPG
    825.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4489.JPG
    IMG_4489.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 212
Nice pictures, thanks...! Never seen an Isuzu with a Sun Roof like that before. Kind of gives you a Birdview's eye.... or do I mean a bird's eye view..?? Nooo, it's definitely a Birdview's eye....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts