BirdView Mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
This has been parked in front of our local satellite/Radio Shack dealer since I've lived here. (1991) Just yesterday, we had the camera with us for my daughter's b'day party, and my wife snapped a pic. Enjoy.:)

Attachments

• trailerdish 017.JPG
    trailerdish 017.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 237
That is the first time I have seen another one. I spotted this one and posted pics a couple of years ago and now have to drive by it and it's sibling in the ground, about every 6 weeks.

Attachments

• birdview trailer.jpg
    birdview trailer.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 175
WOW:

Yea, and the idiots probably think of it as a non-moving museum piece.
Even when I was a kid in Florida, they'd have stuff like that around.
It was for the tourists.

What a beauty! - :up
Osu's was the only other Birdview on a trailer I'd ever seen.

I wouldn't give you good odds on talking anyone out of it, but it's always worth a try.
Let us know.

During the Birdview's height of popularity (1984 or '85) I remember seeing a purpose-build, low slung, 18 wheeler hauling what looked like fifty solid dishes on I-20 in north Louisiana. They were all neatly nested, in racks, leaning forward about 15 degrees the length of the 40 ft. trailer. It'd be interesting to know where they all wound up.

Harold

This has been parked in front of our local satellite/Radio Shack dealer since I've lived here. (1991) Just yesterday, we had the camera with us for my daughter's b'day party, and my wife snapped a pic. Enjoy.:)

If I came across one like that, I'd walk in the store, and I wouldn't leave until it was hooked to my pickup and being dragged home, good tires or not. That puppy would be MINE. You KNOW it isn't being used anymore, and with just a little thinking you could come up with a DANGED good reason for it NOT to be there anymore, ( safety hazard, etc) and that you would be GLAD to remove it for free.

Heck if I were closer, I'd have already been there. :cool:

I have a hard time believing that either of those dishes on trailers are working. Just the vibration from the street traffic alone would cause them to move off of aim.

The dish in front of the RS is unsightly. The dish in the yard is behind the trees. I'm betting neither works.

Offer too buy the whole thing from them, You don't have to disassemble, and when you get it home, you sell the trailer!

Yea, no $#|^, Lone Cloud! - :up
Some of us had to rent trailers or trucks.
Might as well make a profit on it.

And, like Stogie said: drag it home regardless of the tires! - :D

Or at least steal motor out of it!

I have a hard time believing that either of those dishes on trailers are working. Just the vibration from the street traffic alone would cause them to move off of aim.

The dish in front of the RS is unsightly. The dish in the yard is behind the trees. I'm betting neither works.

Offer too buy the whole thing from them, You don't have to disassemble, and when you get it home, you sell the trailer!

Already offered to take it off his hand numerous times. It is a former Birdview dealer and there are actually 3 birdviews in his yard. The one on the trailer has a fine view, but there is another solid behind it that has a tree in front of it and perforated birdview laying on the ground in pieces behind the trailer

Osu - I cry every time I hear that story.
You think we might be able to get 'em for you . . . from his widow!? - :eek:
It might be time to form up the posse.

I assume from the way you worded it, that none are in service.

And to eurosport - your guy isn't hooked up either, I'm sure. (?)
Damn! I grew up in Florida, and that's just an attraction for the snow-birds (vacationers).

Non of them are in use. He is now a Dish/Directv dealer and does all the radio systems for the various government entities. There is a perforated Birdie up on blocks laying on the ground behind the trailer and another solid over to the left of the trailer, that now has a large tree about 20ft in front of it. The one on the trailer can probably see about half of the arc before the trees block it. When I went and took pictures of the Logos last year to post here, I noticed what looked like a Wineguard mesh also on blocks in the back corner of his yard.

There are 2 more Birdview solids within an 1/8 of mile of this guys house and business and another perforated laying on the ground about a half mile away at another house. I have not ever been able to catch anyone home at those places when I have been in the area.

Those are the 6 I know of in Tahlequah. I also know where 2 Solid Birdies are in Claremore and 1 Perforated in Shawnee. I am currently filling in on Catastrophe duty due to the recent wildfires and storms in Oklahoma, so I haven't been able to check my home email to see if I had a reply to the Birdview to be given away in Claremore last week.

I really don't have time to go and pick one up right now, if I could get one. We just added 2 major clients and I am shorthanded now, which is why I am doing some of the Catastrophe claims.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts