Need to get rid of a BirdView Dish in St. Louis

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litemike7

Original poster
Aug 8, 2016
St. Louis, MO
My father passed away in May and I am trying to get his house ready to sell. He has one of those huge Bird View dishes and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions in the St. Louis area on how to get rid of it? Who to call, etc....

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Hockeynut
please check ur Private message LiteMike..I would love to have the motor and willing to pay for it along with shipping.

Oops Private messages are called conversations here at Sat Guys...Conversation started and sent..Thanks.

Might be able to map it out and see about a trip! Please have the OP (thread starter's family) send me information on exact location to look at possibility of transport! Would definitely look at adding another (Birdview) to "the farm".

Reactions: litemike7
Just googled it..From North Carolina I am lookin at approx a 750 mile drive 1 way..Will pass on driving that far..if radio does not make the Trek or any others for that matter please keep me in mind for the motor..Thanks.

Thanks for posting your dish here litemike7, hope it finds a new home.

If radio is not able to adopt it, and if the dish is 9'-6" in diameter (most are 8'-6"), I could probably provide that new home.

I am about 3.5 hrs away and have made 2 trips to StL in the past to transport Birdviews.

working on a trip, concerned first if these people are part of the severe weather CBS is reporting! Have had very polite PM's with them. Hope they're well. We'll see what's the latest when they have time to respond.

Reactions: KE4EST
What is the great thing about a birdview dish?

They require some updating and modifications but to me some of their biggest pluses are extremely well made solid reflectors with high surface accuracy, rigid and sturdy feed supports and built-like-a-tank H-H mounts. The perforated models are excellent as well.

They are just a much higher quality unit than your typical mesh dish.

At 8'-6' they are a little small for some stuff but they "punch above their weight" due to their true parabolic shape.

Would love to have a 9'-6" model...they are somewhat rare but they do exist.

Lots of threads archived in the forums that detail what it takes to bring them up-to-date.

Reactions: hank123
My father passed away in May and I am trying to get his house ready to sell. He has one of those huge Bird View dishes and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions in the St. Louis area on how to get rid of it? Who to call, etc....

Thanks so much!
Hi! I'm in Springfield Mo and am interested in your dish. Do you still have it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)