BirdView Satellite System Parts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

audio2000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
The Ozarks
anyone know where i can find any parts for a old BirdView System this is a 10ft Spun Aluminam Dish .. namely parts for the dish it self need to be upgraded i know the plate the feedhorn gose on can be drilled to hold a new feedhorn i belive they made a replacement plate with cover for it at one point in time .. but mainly looking for the motor and reed conversion kit the current motor works but its a 37:1 gear ratio motor i belive its a Horiz-Horiz drive (gear driving) dosent use a arm to move the dish if anyone knows where one can find parts for this let me know thanks.

skyvision sells the upgrade kit. I am currently upgrading a birdview system i bought used. I got a chapparal corotor 2 feedhorn and i going to make the hole larger in birdview scaler ring so the feedhorn will go into it. Then i going to have the rings on chapparal corotor 2 machine off. it will then be able to bolt to old lnb location, this will allow me to adjust the feedhorn. It has been posted that you can use the reed conversion on any birdview system even though it says not too. I also think your dish is a 8.5 ft dish, this was birdview standard. I would like to hear from anyone that done the reed conversion. Pictures would be great. I also repainted the dish and add the birdview picture and logo. The pole to mount the birdview dish was hard to find, i found mine at a weilding shop. I paid $89 +12 shipping for total of $101 for the chapparal corotor 2 feedhorn and i got a norsat 3120 pll lnb(20 noise and +- 5 stability) this was $260 and a norsat ku lnb 4106a .6 noise this was
$90 and only charged $11.00 shipping for both lnb's. I will give vendors names , if its not against board rules.
Thanks,
Russell

barney5 said:
I would like to hear from anyone that done the reed conversion. Pictures would be great.

I converted mine and it was no big deal, the worst part is the price
seems high for what you get but the dish is an awesome
performer on KU and C-band is not bad either. I have the 37:1
ratio gearbox and it works just fine despite the warning it was
for the higher ratio( I think 70:1 )gearbox only. The dish tracks the arc
very nicely and much better then my 10' mesh with actuator arm.
I use a corotor II and Norsat 8115 and 4207 LNB's.

so basicly your telling me if i put the reed thing on there even tho it has the 37:1 ratio motor it will still be fine even tho theres the warning that says 70:1 ? already drilled some holes on the birdview schlar plate and got a new chapperal feedhorn mounted just fine and it dose work already tryed it with a new reciver however i found a Ku-Band analog channel that was kinda stacity but C was clear just needed to do the reed thing with it then get ahold of a Digital Reciver for it at a later date :-D isnt it fun reviving something that was installed when you was 4yrs old lol..

audio2000 said:
so basicly your telling me if i put the reed thing on there even tho it has the 37:1 ratio motor it will still be fine even tho theres the warning that says 70:1 ? already drilled some holes on the birdview schlar plate and got a new chapperal feedhorn mounted just fine and it dose work already tryed it with a new reciver however i found a Ku-Band analog channel that was kinda stacity but C was clear just needed to do the reed thing with it then get ahold of a Digital Reciver for it at a later date :-D isnt it fun reviving something that was installed when you was 4yrs old lol..

On the reciever I use with my Birdview the count jumps in 4's but my 10'
dish with another receiver the count moves in 2's so if I hit east and I am on
say 5000 it will go to 5004 on the birdview but other then that it is working
very well and will hit all my sats with no problem, I had no problems with
getting sparklie free analog on either C or Ku bands and in fact it works better
then my 10' dish in high winds because it is so solidly built that it does not
move around. My other dish is an Orbitron C10 and it has problems in high winds, also on the Ku analog feed that had problems sometimes it is because
the channels that are in the receiver for KU are off and you can fine tune
it and get a good picture, my best analog receiver is a Chapparal Monterey
95 and I can set the KU frequencies to anything I want on another receiver I
use a G.I. 450i I have some sats where the channel frequencies are wrong and I just fine tune the frequency.

:welcome to satelliteguys :)

a birdview dish is a c-band dish usually used for reception of c-band satellite signals ( and ku band if the dish is equiped)

I personally like the birdviews and think they are one of the better made dishes out there. take several pictures and post them here. could be the start of a new hobby for you if you take an interest.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts