Black dishes

dont they say the roof is a last resort. seems like giving us a black dish to play with is dumb. because what is usually the darkest part of the exterior of the house

I bet many will be against having the black dish on their house vs. the grey dish that blends in with things better. Why did they go with black? To be different or something?

Down here, in the so called sunny south:rolleyes: Folks that have installed their dish on a shingled roof have suffered early lnb failure. Never have I been a fan of poking holes in my roof anyway but that is another story, electronics do not fare well in high heat enviroments......

The dish is 2' away from the lnb. It will suck for a tech to handle, but then again, the tech is to be wearing gloves at all times during the install. :p

I dont think the dish will generate enough heat to effect the lnb

My neighbor will be thrilled to know he wont have to paint his dish.

The dish is 2' away from the lnb. It will suck for a tech to handle, but then again, the tech is to be wearing gloves at all times during the install. :p

I dont think the dish will generate enough heat to effect the lnb

My neighbor will be thrilled to know he wont have to paint his dish.
Heat transfers along the formed sheet metal. The lnb arm is in a up angle. People up north may not see a problem. Think about it. It may not cause a problem, but from my view point I want to keep my stuff cool as possible and that color is going in the wrong direction..

The original Toshiba, Sony and panasonic beige and very light gray DSS dishes really looked good next to the commonly installed beige siding in many of the tract homes in the Southern States, as well as the Southwest US.

Heat transfers along the formed sheet metal. The lnb arm is in a up angle. People up north may not see a problem. Think about it. It may not cause a problem, but from my view point I want to keep my stuff cool as possible and that color is going in the wrong direction..

I guess...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts