Black Friday TV purchase

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

roashru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2005
After looking at the Black Friday newspaper and web site ads I noticed that small cheap real HD 720p TVs were advertised. The 19 inch screen size seemed to be the cheap priced screen size for HD. I checked the specs of TVs at a few big box stores all the same cheap price = cheap, poor hardware. After that I looked at some well known manufactures for real native 19 inch 720p TVs I even asked a supervisor of the Best Buy in the TV dept here where Im at "do you know what 19 inch LCD TVs are cable ready".? (QAM) his response "yeah, all of them" I had to leave - no help. Went to my vehicle got online did some research on several 19 inch TVs even called a few manufactures about warranty information not clearly disclosed. After all of that I found a TV that was a better value than the Black Friday 19 inch TV sale items. I found the Insignia NS-L19X-10A at Best Buy for $60.00 more it has (3) HDMI inputs, 5 Watt per channel audio!, optical audio out, QAM, FM radio, and a 2 year warranty. will post DX results later.

Last edited:
Insignia is Best Buy's in house brand and not very good compared to name brands like Samsung, Panasonic or Sony.

Most of the Insignia Branded TV's are LG. Last time I checked LG compares quite well with Samsung and Sony (both of which I got), to go along with my 19 inch Insignia which has a two year warranty.

Got an Insignia in my RV. Vertical viewing angle was very bad. Gave it to my in-laws and mounted it on a 3 way swivel for them in their bedroom.

Lots of bad reports on Insignia. Maybe some are built by LG, but probably not the same as LG branded items. But best of luck to ya.

What has this got to do with OTA reception?

Wasnt paying attention.

The TV is labeled as a "kitchen TV" the viewing angle is very good does not gray out looking straight down or across only grays out looking straight up. The TV also has a 5 band audio equalizer and a horrible card remote.

Last edited:
Most of the Insignia Branded TV's are LG. Last time I checked LG compares quite well with Samsung and Sony (both of which I got), to go along with my 19 inch Insignia which has a two year warranty.

It must depend on model because a friend of mine who repairs them said Insignia's have the same insides as Orion, Sylvania, Polaroid and a few other 'bargain' makes.

Most TVs 19" and smaller, regardless of brand are Chinese panels and manufacture.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)