Black Panther 8500 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
At $450 USD plus international shipping, I don't think anyone here would be interested.
The specs look good, but what support does it have?

And it's not a US-tuned version, so just like getting a Fortec Passion UK model, it would be a dangerous choice.

. . . and speaking of the Passion . . . I will have to put my ear to the ground.
It's been way too quiet these last few months.
Was the project abandoned? Flushed without another thought?

At $450 USD plus international shipping, I don't think anyone here would be interested.
The specs look good, but what support does it have?

And it's not a US-tuned version, so just like getting a Fortec Passion UK model, it would be a dangerous choice.

. . . and speaking of the Passion . . . I will have to put my ear to the ground.
It's been way too quiet these last few months.
Was the project abandoned? Flushed without another thought?
have you seen the video on you tube for the passion,there is another one stb called IPBOX 9000hd it is european,the video on you tube said it has all the sat around the world if it would work in the usa it would be a good box.

I'm with Voom

A Quail goes for $450. If the specs are correct, this thing is a HD DVB-S2 PVR with 4:2:2 and Blind Scan!
I didn't see either of these in the specs...???
Neither did I, nor support for diseqc 1.1 (just 1.0 and 1.2 and usals)
Plus the 250gb hard drive limit is quite suspicious.
Either this is an old spec, receiver, or there is something else amiss ... 250gb today is just wrong!

The more I look, the more it looks like a Prototype, not yet for sale or in production.

My bad on the Blind Scan, the other Mfg. units have it, I thought I read it for the 8500 too. DiSEqC is listed under Specs

"Profile Level: MPEG-2 MP@ML, MPEG2 MP@HL, MPEG4 AVC/H.264 HP@L4
"
MP @ HL = 4:2:2

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts