Blackout question - NESN in western CT

I live in Seymour, CT and have had dish for 5 or 6 years, and have HAPPILY watched every Red Sox game on NESN. This year, they are all blacked out. Even the Red Sox Classic games are blacked out. Dish had no response, and basically said deal with it. NESN hasn't responded to my inquiries either. So... I've gotten quotes from both the local cable company Comcast (where I have confirmed that the games aren't blacked out) and from Direct TV, who claims that the games aren't blacked out but I'm still looking for local confirmation from someone in my area. I don't want to waste an entire baseball season waiting for Dish to get their act together, so I'm switching.

Anyone live in or near Seymour, CT and has Direct TV?? Can you confirm you saw opening day yesterday on NESN on your Direct TV unit? Can you let me know? j.grenier@snet.net....

I greatly appreciate any help/info anyone can provide and I'll be sure to share my findings with the others on this board!!

A woman I am corresponding with in my area in CT spoke with Karen Berzoni at NESN 617-536-9233 and she was told this by Karen:

I just got off the phone with Karen Berzoni at NESN.
Dish Network just completed a network upgrade and only pulled zip codes that
began with 05XXX, they did not include New Haven County with 06XXX.
She said it will be possibly a few hours or a couple of days before it's fixed.
But it's the first answer I've gotten that made sense.

She said we will be getting the games back on Dish very soon.

A woman I am corresponding with in my area in CT spoke with Karen Berzoni at NESN 617-536-9233 and she was told this by Karen:

Check tonight's game. Mine's not blacked out any more....

Thanks for the news, hopefully this is true. Tonights game is on also on ESPN2, so hopefully that won't be blacked out if this isn't fixed today.

I don't understand the wording. What is meant by "pulled"? Don't all CT zip codes start with 06xxx?

can you tell before the game starts? which county are you in?
Southington 06489

I went ahead to 7pm tonight in the guide and hit the select button like I wanted to record it. This morning I got the blackout message, now it gives me the recording options screen....

NESN Red Sox Blackouts in CT - New Haven area 064 zips..

I just spoke to Karen Berzoni at NESN myself. Dish network is continuing to deny that they did anything incorrectly, but Karen assures me that they are working with Dish Network to clear up the problem. The upgrade had all 064 zip codes in CT as Fairfield County, which is incorrect, and are all blacked out. So.. They are trying to fix the issue now. There is a chance we will have tonight's game available on Dish, but it's far from certain. She said to give dish a few days before I cancel and switch to Direct TV who doesn't have the issue carrying NESN's red sox games.

Keep your fingers crossed!!

I just spoke to Karen Berzoni at NESN myself. Dish network is continuing to deny that they did anything incorrectly, but Karen assures me that they are working with Dish Network to clear up the problem. The upgrade had all 064 zip codes in CT as Fairfield County, which is incorrect, and are all blacked out. So.. They are trying to fix the issue now. There is a chance we will have tonight's game available on Dish, but it's far from certain. She said to give dish a few days before I cancel and switch to Direct TV who doesn't have the issue carrying NESN's red sox games.

Keep your fingers crossed!!

sounds like some of us are still going to be unhappy because they are probably going to fix the fairfield loophole that's been open the last few years...

I spoke to Dish Network this morning and then called NESN (after emailing with SeymourRedSoxFan). Spoke to Karen Berzoni and that's when Karen told me about the network upgrade. She had been getting calls all day about this.
Not sure why Dish is claiming that they know nothing, but after speaking with Karen, my husband tried to select NESN and the game replay was on. He selelcted the game for tonight and it took it without an error message.
Nothing worse than a group of unhappy Red Sox fans.
T

Well, I was able to tell it to record tonight's game on NESNHD using the slingguide. So we'll see. I'm not home right now so can't try recording directly from the box.

Just got a call from Gary Roy. He said that it should be all set. It was certainly very nice of him to take the time to call me personally and let me know. If only Dish Network was half as competent and caring as Gary and the rest of the NESN folks, this would have been a lot less stressful for all concerned.

Well, I was able to tell it to record tonight's game on NESNHD using the slingguide. So we'll see. I'm not home right now so can't try recording directly from the box.
An update on your results would be appreciated. I'm out of town right now and can't check for myself. The interesting thing is that the last time I could check the Sox were blacked out but the Bruins games were still in the clear. That made it seem like a screwup - and I'm glad to see that is the case.

As stated above, Fairfield County is technically outside of Red Sox territory, but in past years Dish turned on the Red Sox games for all 064xx ZIPs, which means a few people in western Fairfield County got them. Note that 066xx ZIPs are all in Fairfield County - Bridgeport, Easton, Stratford, Trumbull - so I'm not sure why this area ever got to see the Sox, but from above posts I guess they did.

Dish blew it and blacked out all 064xx ZIPs, which includes towns in Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven, and New London Counties. They may fix this, but I suspect that Bridgeport subs may not get the Red Sox back. :( Keep us posted.

BTW - Dish Network (and DirecTV) are always incompetent when dealing with blackout issues, and the CSRs will *never* give you a good answer. Going directly to the RSN involved is usually much more effective in getting the issue resolved (if there is a real issue). Thanks for those who pushed this issue.

just got word from my wife that my slingguide recording worked and the pregame show is on nesnhd. my dish service address is monroe, CT which is the 064xx section of fairfield county.

Pregames are usually in the clear. You should have her check again when the game starts at 7 PM.

i also just received word that the game is still on NESNHD using a monroe (zip 064xx) address. can probably put this one to bed...phew...