Blackouts being released late

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Flagstaff Frank

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona
Who controls the blackouts on D* programming? I don't mean what shows get blacked out but who or what actually throws the switch or clicks the mouse that actually shuts off the show?

Reason is, I have the Sports Pack and on SNY (639) the Mets replay game is blacked out until 5pm ET then Daily News Live should appear. Problem is, half the time they release the blackout late - sometimes at 5:03 or later.

They also do this on post-game shows; the game ends at say 10pm and D* won't release the blackout until 5 or 10 minutes into the postgame show and by that time who cares anymore.

It's frustrating as hell and when I call them to complain the floozy on the phone tells me they don't control it (of course).

Does anyone else experience these delays?

ALL blackouts are controlled by their respective leagues / teams and the markets they serve / claim.

REALLY?

It's frustrating as hell and when I call them to complain the floozy on the phone tells me they don't control it (of course).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts