Blackouts on MLB Replays/Encores

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Okay, one thing that has always pissed me off as a loyal EI subscriber and avid baseball fan is the blackout of the Replay and Encore of the games. I mean, what the hell is the big deal with watching a game a 2nd time? I figured the more exposure for baseball the better. I've heard various things in regards to this. Sometimes I hear it's because they don't want "non" EI subscribers to watch it. Then I heard it's just a silly MLB rule like a lot of the silly MLB Blackout and territory stuff. Then some nights I can find a replay in the clear, especially the Nats on MASN a lot of the time. Anybody have any concrete info on this subject? I tried to google it, got a lot of different feedback.

Maybe MASN is always in the clear, because the Jay's/O's game from today is coming in right now.

Are we still in the MLB Free Preview time (not sure)?

And to the Blackout point: IT IS a silly MLB rule like a lot of the silly MLB Blackout and territory stuff; as you put it.

Are we still in the MLB Free Preview time (not sure)?

And to the Blackout point: IT IS a silly MLB rule like a lot of the silly MLB Blackout and territory stuff; as you put it.

If you have every took a peek at the MLB territory map, it is quite ridiculous!!!

Left in the dark - MLB - Yahoo! Sports

You can find it on that story there, if you are in some parts of the midwest and west you are absolutely screwed with some of these rules!!!

As far as the free preview, I heard it ended yesterday, but I could be wrong.

I think MLB sells game replay video through their website. I guess if you want to watch a completed game, that's where they want you to do it.

I think MLB sells game replay video through their website. I guess if you want to watch a completed game, that's where they want you to do it.

Actually they won't let you watch a rebroadcast out of markeg until 6am the next day (other than 5 minutes worth, which is worthless).

I think this is a MLB rule of some sort, as if affects both EI customers and mlb.tv customers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts