Status
Please reply by conversation.

kulakovich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
Massachusetts
Hi there!

Ok so when I received my Pansat 2500a a little while ago, I got it on a rush for the shuttle mission. I got a very nice letter from the vendor later saying 'hey, sorry but I never flashed your machine up to the current rom, which I normally do before sending it out the door.'

So I decided it was rom-flashin' time. I d/l'd the pansat update and flashed the rom. The machine was happy. But now I don't have any satellites, channels, or any of the channel lists I made off AMC-6. No big loss, I'm a dufus, now I understand.

The question I have, which I can't seem to find an answer to by searching the forums is : Where can I get a reputable satellite/channel list that I can d/l to my 2500a? I understand the software involved, not shy about flashing roms (just like modems in the olden days) But I can't find a nice clean 60 W to 140 W FTA list anywhere.

And no, I don't want to scan the whole Clarke belt - not yet.

This is the only thing holding back the installation of my new vBox!

Thanks for your time,
kulakovich

eek!

Whoa - hey now - I got nothing against ASCII, but I was hoping for a channel list file I could send down that RS232 cable!

:shocked

Do you want the file in Channel Master or GTools ? :)

I used to use GTools but since Channel Master now works with 2500A I use it exclusively. With that being said, I can save the file in either format from Channel Master.

Greetings Questic!

I have cobbled one together from a bunch of different listings - but when I go to d/l to the 2500a, it says something like 'preparing file 0%' and just sits there. I am going to try again this morning. Of coruse I am petrified of frying the unit.

So if it wouldn't be much trouble, a channel master file would be great!

kulakovich

Ok so I will throw this out there - a site such as this - a right excellent site - wouldn't it want to have a 'whitelist' channel/satellite file to promote ethical use, especially to its novice users?

I am saying this in reflection of what I just went through to find a list.

/still futzing with 2500a

I leave a spare laptop connected to my 2500A all the time. I have probably done 500 or more read/writes with Gtools and Channel Master with no problems.

This being said, DO NOT interrupt the read/write process as it can corrupt the memory and your unit will require great effort to fix. Using the remote while read/write process is active will also cause BIG problems.

Anybody know if PANSAT will uphold your warranty if you are using channel editing software using supplied DB9 cable?

kulakovich, you may want to wait and see if we can get this question answered before possibly voiding your warranty.

I figured out what the hang was in channel master - I had pretty much crammed everything I found between 40 to 140 W (lots of stuff I am pretty sure I can't get LOS to) and ended up with 300 channels more than my 2000 channel limit. I never thought that would happen! :p

Now I've trashed a bunch, got it down to 1900 and it successfully d/l'd.

I'd still love to cash in on anyone elses experience, i.e. yours Questic :yes if you are up for it! I am eager to find out 'what else is out there' - I have a list of satellites in a nice illustration from Boeig, but I know there is stuff up there that I don't even know the existance of!

bret kulakovich

If you want send me your channel list, I will send you mine when I get home. Just remember my list is specific to South Carolina so some TP's may not be as strong for you. :)

I heard pansat has taken back a few machines that have died with bad programming. Who knows if they have continued this or not.

I haven't had any problems loading so far. I voided my warranty already by opening it up and adding a fan to keep it cool as I have it sitting vertically and it is prone to overheat that way.

I'm back w/new baby.

Hi! Sorry for the delay in my response - I was home during the week posting, flashing roms, while waiting for a baby. She was born yesterday, and everyone is doing great. Another viewer waiting for me to clear the branches to PBSKids!

So anyone that is up for swapping channel lists, I will get onto this board from my pc that I do the flashing from and post what I've got in the next day or so.

I am still curious if we would ever want to post/manage a satelliteguys 'official' fta list to fight the good fight and provide a list to newbies so they don't have to venture the wilds to find a 'clean' list.

kulakovich

To questic!
Hello I am getting my pansat 3500s tommorrow..Could I have you chanell list? I would like to try it on my FTA..Thanks alot in advance
Randy In South Carolina

Hi,

Here is the current copy of my list. I have successfully downloaded it to the receiver, but I haven't reconneected it yet (see previous post of baby).

I'm sure I don't have everything, but it does have alot.

I don't have a channellist for AMC6 yet, but I left a sat in its place. Of course all the Disecq information is not exactly right yet anyway. You may wish to wait for me to check all this live while I install the vBox.

kulakovich

Attachments

• PS2500a_fta.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 126
TO Questic!

To questic!
Hello I am getting my pansat 3500s tommorrow..Could I have you chanell list? I would like to try it on my FTA..Thanks alot in advance
Randy In South Carolina :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)