Blind Scan Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just curious, on some satellites, when I blind scan there are 166 things it scans. On other satellites, there are 400. Why is that? I am using the same lnb for this. Thanks!

Well I am confused..... When using the Universal lnb, some satellites only have 166 things it scans, and some others have 400. I don't change anyhting (step wise), it just seems to depend on what satellite I am scanning. I am clueless about it though! :)

Without giving too much detail, I was just wondering why when I blind scan, every now and then I major/strong tp is missed? I was scanning AMC6 tonight, and on of the major players did not come up in a scan. When I went back and selected the tp it is on, did a tp scan it popped right up. Any ideas why this happened? It happend a few weeks ago with the standard lnb on. THANKS!

Don't know Larry, but I think, at least with a Coolsat, it must be preprogrammed for X amount of time and moves on. Where as with the Pansat, those suckers have been known to stay there on one TP all night sometimes.

Al

Thanks! It has only happened a few times that I know of. I usually have Mike's website up or printed off so I can use it as a "guide" of what I should have. Thanks again Mike for the AWESOME list!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts