Blind Scan - SR below 2.000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ng54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Is there a blind scan receiver good at finding TPs below an SR of 2.000. Or is there any
tricks that can be used.

I usually have problems with receivers missing stuff below 4000-4500, but 2 that I personally used that did well were the Fortec Merc II and Traxis 3500.

Coolsat 5000 has been known to grab below that. I know my Pansat 1500 and 9200 can grab the stuff that is just below (1945, 1970) but never can grab the transponder for KFTL on AMC6 (s/r 1666) on a blind scan

I don't know how I didn't mention my 9200 also. I guess I assumed the OP didn't want HD.

I think the slower you (set the) scan, the better your chance will be? The faster scans will miss it, while the slower scans tend to do a more detailed search? So, get a receiver with slow scanning search engine.... I think?

I just tried the KTFL channel on AMC 6 that Iceberg mentioned and the Coolsat 5000 missed it on a regular blind scan but when I set it on detailed it picked it up.

One of my favorite peeves==Traxis 3500 I have has found channels with SR of 1505, that's the lowest I've seen yet. Seems like the best receivers for low-SR scanning are the ones that are a little older, or have the 'detailed' blind-scan feature. I have a Coship 3188C that also is older, simpler but has very good sensitivity, also will do a "under 2000 SR" scan. Seems the Merc II or the Traxis 3500 are two of the best for finding the low-symbol rate channels.

Good Input. I have the Visionsat and Pansat 2800, both have problems in this area. I wonder if the
Fortec NA with the variable scan frequency will catch the lower SR's.

I just tried the KTFL channel on AMC 6 that Iceberg mentioned and the Coolsat 5000 missed it on a regular blind scan but when I set it on detailed it picked it up.

mine didn't. I ran it through details from 11800 to 11900 and since its at 11890 it should see it...nope :(

Tried it again, only will log it on detailed. Writes it as Tv1- 11891H AMC. Was watchable earlier but not now, its breaking up pretty bad, signal on the Coolsat is 63-65

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)