Blind Scan - SR below 2.000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ng54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Is there a blind scan receiver good at finding TPs below an SR of 2.000. Or is there any
tricks that can be used.

I usually have problems with receivers missing stuff below 4000-4500, but 2 that I personally used that did well were the Fortec Merc II and Traxis 3500.

Coolsat 5000 has been known to grab below that. I know my Pansat 1500 and 9200 can grab the stuff that is just below (1945, 1970) but never can grab the transponder for KFTL on AMC6 (s/r 1666) on a blind scan

I don't know how I didn't mention my 9200 also. I guess I assumed the OP didn't want HD.

I think the slower you (set the) scan, the better your chance will be? The faster scans will miss it, while the slower scans tend to do a more detailed search? So, get a receiver with slow scanning search engine.... I think?

I just tried the KTFL channel on AMC 6 that Iceberg mentioned and the Coolsat 5000 missed it on a regular blind scan but when I set it on detailed it picked it up.

One of my favorite peeves==Traxis 3500 I have has found channels with SR of 1505, that's the lowest I've seen yet. Seems like the best receivers for low-SR scanning are the ones that are a little older, or have the 'detailed' blind-scan feature. I have a Coship 3188C that also is older, simpler but has very good sensitivity, also will do a "under 2000 SR" scan. Seems the Merc II or the Traxis 3500 are two of the best for finding the low-symbol rate channels.

Good Input. I have the Visionsat and Pansat 2800, both have problems in this area. I wonder if the
Fortec NA with the variable scan frequency will catch the lower SR's.

I just tried the KTFL channel on AMC 6 that Iceberg mentioned and the Coolsat 5000 missed it on a regular blind scan but when I set it on detailed it picked it up.

mine didn't. I ran it through details from 11800 to 11900 and since its at 11890 it should see it...nope :(

Tried it again, only will log it on detailed. Writes it as Tv1- 11891H AMC. Was watchable earlier but not now, its breaking up pretty bad, signal on the Coolsat is 63-65

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)