blind scan vs automatic scan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonman88

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
i'm a little confused as to what is the difference. everyone seems to say that blind scan is the best for getting news feeds. i was all set to get the geosatpro until i saw that it didn't do blind scan. do i really need it?

no you don't. But it will be a bugger to pick up the news feeds

automatic scan scans the frequencies/symbol rates you have stored in the unit. But a blind scan finds the other stuff that you don't know about.

People say, "well I'll just program in all the frequencies". true, but symbol rates change all the time.

As an examople, you may have 11757 H 6111 (freq, pol, symbol rate) stored in the unit. But if something is broadcasting on 11757 H 13021 the auto scan won't get it. Blind scan will :)

So basically, without blind scan I would need to use something like the SatFinder software to get all the frequencies and import them in first? Auto scan will only automatically scan known frequencies that you put in?

correctamundo

auto scan will only scan what is in the unit
blind scan finds the oddball feeds and stuff

But the point should not be ignored that freq * pol * symbol rate = more possibilities than is practical to program in. IOW- If you want feeds you basicially need the blind scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)