Blind scan vs Sat scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TiminMb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If I already have all the active TP's set up on my receiver, is there any value in blind scanning a satellite over doing the much faster Satellite scan that simpy checks each entered transponder?

what happens if a news feed pops up?

I agree that a satellite scan in some cases is good but if you have a TP logged as

11961 V 3978 as example and one lights up that is 11961 V 6111 you wont see it on a satellite scan :)

If I already have all the active TP's set up on my receiver, is there any value in blind scanning a satellite over doing the much faster Satellite scan that simpy checks each entered transponder?
Or to put it a different way, how do you KNOW you have all the active tp's set up on your receiver? Pretty much, only the subscription birds are static, since they have so many ird's to service, they have to remain consistent or create customer problems. The FTA birds sell many "one time" services, that sometimes we can capture.
:)

You can blind scan a satellite save the channels and then turn around and blind scan it again and chances are there will be something new that pops up. News feeds hardly ever come up on a regular scan but a blind scan will usually find them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)