Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok I have been away from my Dish the past few weeks because of the holidays and CES etc... so last night I downloaded and installed the new Blind Scan software.

My question is how do you use it? I can't see anything anywhere in the software telling it to blind scan.

Can someone give me some instructions on how to use it? :)

Thanks!

Ok I have been away from my Dish the past few weeks because of the holidays and CES etc... so last night I downloaded and installed the new Blind Scan software.

My question is how do you use it? I can't see anything anywhere in the software telling it to blind scan.

Can someone give me some instructions on how to use it? :)

Thanks!

Hello Scott,

I don't think the Blind Scan feature works yet. You can navigate to it through this menu: HOME > SETTINGS > TV CHANNEL > SCAN ALL FREQUENCY.

I guess you are supposed to select the satellite, set the upper and lower TP frequency limits and select a symbol rate (that's wher I think the problem arises), select the polarity, modulation type and FEC and PILOT (0 or 1).

I have tried it numerous times and entered all sorts of different parameters. But it seems to only log or lock into what you have already entered manually or from stock lists.

I posted my thoughts about this a little while back in another thread. My opinion is that I don't see why it is so difficult for them to program this in. If you can do something manually, you should be able to compose a program to automate it. It might be extremely time consuming to execute the program, but it should be easy to make it actually function.

I want to scan a specific satellite, with a set range of TP frequencies, then set range of symbol rates for each TP frequency and for each polarity. If any signal is detected, then I would want to refine the search for the modulation and FEC and repeat the scan until all the combinations are exhausted.

We know how time comuming that would be to conduct such a scan manually, so it will require a lengthy time to do so automated as well, but at least you wouldn't wear your fingertips off or wear out the buttons on the remote doing so.

I am not sure, but I think they may be trying to make the blind scan option more elaborate than it needs to be. I think they are trying to write a program that reduces the overall blind scan time. They won't find it this way.

If they program it to allow the end user to set the max and min ranges of each parameter to scan within, that will be good enough for us for now.

i.e. Scan satellite "J" for signals from TP frequency "AA.BBB through YY.ZZZ" with SR "nnnnn" through "mmmmm" with polarity "J" and modulation type "QRSTU" and auto FEC.

I understand that this scan would require a long, long time to complete, but it would work. And if you have some ballpark figures to enter in for the ranges to narrow the search field, you could shorten the scan time.

All they need to do is compile a sub routine to do just this and it will be good enough for us to use. They can refine it or get more elaborate later when they have time to experiment.

Scott, I guess what I am trying to state is that the blind scan isn't up to par yet and I don't use it yet, either. Still waiting.

RADAR

It will only scan one symbol rate at a time...so you have to enter a symbol rate like 30000, 3978 etc

in laymens terms...its useless

Oh Scott,

You should have waited and booked your new SatHawk "DVBWorld" PVR800, man.

Yeah, I agree, Scott. You should box that azbox up and ship it to me, immediately. Then call Sadoun and order you a new Sathawk. In fact, you ship me that azbox, I'll even PAY for your new Sathawk. :D

Oh, and BTW,Scott, the Blindscan on the azbox is freakin useless. Ignore it. :cool:

Oh Scott,

You should have waited and booked your new SatHawk "DVBWorld" PVR800, man.
I have been reading about it and am looking forward to the reviews.

One thing I miss about my Fortec box is blind scanning. :)

Yeah I could hook them up and slave them, but the switching between them and the GBOX would be too much, so just looking for one box. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts