blind scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Coolsat 4000, 5000 and 6000 certainly do an excellent job with blind scanning. The Fortec Star Dynamic and similar models work pretty good as well and the Pansats (from my experience the 2500 / 2700) are really great, too. For SD, all of these makes and models have a long list of PROS and very few if any CONS. Mainly, they are inexpensive, user friendly and do a damned good job!

RADAR

My Pansat 9200HD is a good "blind scanner" but I wouldn't recommend it for other reasons. On the other hand, it looks like most of the suggestions are mentioning older/discontinued models but there are still some available. I recently snagged a brand new "Coolsat 6100 private" on eBay for $41.00 and I love it because it blind scans very well but it's only SD. It's a slow scanner but quite thorough and the bonus benefit is that third party f/ware makes it into a PVR receiver and this added feature works flawlessly unlike my 9200HD that I paid big bucks for.

Well I'm a little confused. Although I've had my viewsat for years, someone mentioned in another post that the platinum didnt have blind scan. However, the Platinum has an "auto scan" and a "channel scan." It was always my impression that the channel scan IS blind scan. I understand what auto scan is, so what would channel scan be if not another name for blind scan? :confused: Any thoughts?

Possibly......
"Auto Scan" = Scan all existing TPs in Sat's List
"Channel Scan" = NIT Scan, used to scan "Providers" TP, kinda fake Blind Scan - or, PID scan

The VS Light / Plat did not have Blind Scan.

swampman, could it be that the 'channel scan' is moreso an advanced method like some other stb's may call it to scan individual TP's rather than the whole satellite TP list as in the 'auto' mode? if this is the case, it isn't a 'blind scan'

The only receivers I've seen that "auto scan" equals "blind scan" are the Traxis 3500 and the Sathawk

The rest use auto scan to scan the existing TP base....channel scan/manual scan/TP scan is the same. One TP you select

swampman, could it be that the 'channel scan' is moreso an advanced method like some other stb's may call it to scan individual TP's rather than the whole satellite TP list as in the 'auto' mode? if this is the case, it isn't a 'blind scan'

I think you're right. Viewsat's channel scan is for individual TPs. Apparently not a true blind scan. Now as far as the new Viewsat Ultra Lite, (around $75 brand new)from what I've seen, defintely has a blind scan feature.

The only receivers I've seen that "auto scan" equals "blind scan" are the Traxis 3500 and the Sathawk

The rest use auto scan to scan the existing TP base....channel scan/manual scan/TP scan is the same. One TP you select

You're right iceberg, thanks.

Now as far as the new Viewsat Ultra Lite, (around $75 brand new)from what I've seen, defintely has a blind scan feature
I believe Viewsats are software Blind Scans, taking about 15 minutes for detailed scan.
Compared to a Traxis or Sathawk which takes about 4minutes, and is still more sensitive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts