Blind Scan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Windtamer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
Hayesville NC
Are there any difference in a receiver that has blind scan built into its hardware than say a receiver that has a software update to include blind scan? Or do they accomplish the samething.

Depends on the receiver

But a blind scan/smart scan is the same regardless of how you get to that point.

The reason I say depends is because the Coolsat 4000 had a blind scan that scanned the whole KU frequency (11.7-12.2). There was an upgrade that allowed you to scan the whole frequency or to user fine tune it (so you could say scan from 11.7-11.9 if you knew a frequency was in the area. Or you can set the symbol rate parameters (like from 2000-10000 instead of 2000-30000...this helps eliminate those pesky data transmissions)

The Coolsat 5000 has this built in…the 4000 takes a software upgrade to get that option

hi Iceberg
I just got a coolsat 5000 and do have a dish 500. I also live in New Brunswick . is there a file I can find to setup the coolsat stept by stept? I do have the book that came with it but there is some setings I really don't know what to do ....if you could direct me to a file or something that I could follow in order get it up and running...I'm trying to set 119 and 110. as for the dish...its already set up ..its the coolsat that I'm having problem with.
thank you,
kysor.

I must be having a run of bad luck that they are asking those questions in my posts. :(
I wonder how they would fill if someone came and stoled there television set.

windtamer

hackers usually do that. they pick a thread that sounds good and post in it. Lots of times they post and it has nothing to do with the thread...this one posted in like 4 threads

Don't let these goobers discourage your posting here :)

I don't understand how someone can come here look the site over, register and still come out and ask how they can get 110 & 119 for free. They really should know better and just call their local police and ask them directly.

Right on top Iceberg. I too being a newb was shocked to see this kind of stuff around the internet. I just learned that one of Dish's sats costs 250 mill greebackers to launch and maintain. This is a huge endeavor and it's future could be ruined by critters like that. Make sure you forward his IP also.

Iceberg said:
stardust
I wonder that myself...there are 3 no hack talk warnings yet they post

That is one of the MAJOR reasons I came here and joined....Real info and no Hack BS! Plus I like to help out when I have learned enough (like on the C Band forum where I have a bit of experience) That is what this hobby is all about....helping!!!
Jeff

and I know the C-banders appreciate the help. I don't have C-Band (stupid HOA) so I'm not experienced in that area :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)