Blind Scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Everything I've read so far leads me to believe there is no blind-scan-capable PC card FTA tuner. Is this correct? There are DiSEqC 1.2 & USALS capable models. So, how can they leave out this final, important feature? Is it something that can be added via software at some point? There seem to be a number of good HTPC apps with excellent FTA support. I just don't get it!

FYI - The product page for the Twinhan 1022 specifically states:
"Transponder, region, and Frequency range Auto Scan"

Doesn't that mean anything?

http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_1.asp

auto scan just scans the existing transponders (frequency, polarity, symbol rate) that are stored. It doesn't find anything new

GaryPen said:
Everything I've read so far leads me to believe there is no blind-scan-capable PC card FTA tuner. Is this correct? There are DiSEqC 1.2 & USALS capable models. So, how can they leave out this final, important feature? Is it something that can be added via software at some point? There seem to be a number of good HTPC apps with excellent FTA support. I just don't get it!

Doesn't that mean anything?

http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_1.asp

Only known PC-based DVB card with Blindscan is Skystar 2.3. Its no longer made so you will have to find one used.

I believe that there is one driver ver for REv 2.6D that allows BS, but the ver as a lot of bugs from what I hear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts