Blind scans with PCI card?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
orthoclipse said:

I ones with the tunner up in the top corner are version 2.3 The problem with Europe internet Skystar2 cards is that they maybe locked. There is software to unlock them, But I have never bought a locked card. (locked so they are only usable for internet)

All the 2.3's I have bought (4) cost about $80.00, Which I felt was a steal.

starman345 said:
Twinhan cards seem to be well supported with most software, although I've read the 1022 model had heat problems, I believe it has been replaced with the 102g, however I've noticed some places are still selling the 1022 so I would do my research. I"ve been using a Twinhan 1020A for about 1.5 years without problems, before that I used a Nexus card for about 1 year, it is a fine card also, but expensive and if you have a newer computer it really can't do anything a software based card can do at much less$$

Except audio & video out .

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
Except audio & video out .

Wyr

The video out was pretty useless to me, can't do hd through that and as far as audio out, most audio cards I've seen have audio out, so its just a matter of choosing weather to plug into the Nexus or audio card for audio, kind of redundant.

Well, I decided to go with the Twinhan 102g. It's inexpensive, well-supported in the forums, compatible with nearly all software out there, and seems to be proven fairly reliable. The SS2 just seemed a little too problematic for my first foray into PC satellite. I'm not giving up on blind scan, though; the SS2 will probably be my next project.

Thank everyone very much for their input. And I would like to add that this is one of the most knowledgeable and polite forums I've visited. It makes it a pleasure to participate.

starman345 said:
The video out was pretty useless to me, can't do hd through that and as far as audio out, most audio cards I've seen have audio out, so its just a matter of choosing weather to plug into the Nexus or audio card for audio, kind of redundant.

I am just getting into HD , so , to this point , the audio & video out has been useful for SD . But , for the momement , SD is the majority of what is avalable .

Yes , you can get audio out from the sound card , but I seem to remember that there may have been sync issues ?

The best thing about HW mode is you do not have to mess with graphs / codeses . :)

And lower CPU load on older / slower machines . But I retired my Celeron 600 machine , so that is not as important an issue as before .

But , to be honest , except for HD in SW mode , I would have been better off invesing the $$$ in another moderatly priced STB like the Fortec Ultra / Pansat 2500A ( they were current models at the time ) .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)