Blind search now working on AZBOX PREMIUM PLUS model

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Manikm,

First of all, great to have you here on the forum with us!

I have been waiting for quite a while for my Premium + and I will take all the scuttlebut on the blind scan capabilites with a grain of salt until I am able to test one personally. I am hopeful that it will function, but I reserve the final judgement until I truly discover this for myself.

The retailer who I have mine ordered through stated that he would have them (the + models) in shortly. So I am very anxious.

Are the + models readily available in the UK right now? Last I checked they were available in Germany, but I couldn't locate any retailers outside of there.

The retailers that I am going through in the US have stated that they only recently were promised a supply of them (the + models). I hope that they are right.

RADAR

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Radar:

What Dealer are you getting your Premium Plus from?

Thanks

For the first AZBox Premium, I bought it through BestBuy4You. The second Premium, I got through AZBoxUSA.

I am now waiting on BestBuy4You for the Premium Plus model.

Both of these retailers have treated me well so far. Other than each of their difficulty obtaining the AZBox from the official source, they both do good by me. I cannot complain about either retailer. The only problem arose from the availability of the manufacturer to supply the boxes to them. I am pleased with the service of both US outlets. They have both been good to me and the price is virtually no different between the two when all is said and done.

RADAR

hi everyone, im glad to be a part of this site!

the premium plus models, are quite easy to get hold of in the UK now, BUT they are slightly cheaper to get from our German neighbours.

im hearing some mixed opinions on this plus model.#

it definately does hardware blind scan!!!

BUT its being touted as a twin tuner model, the thing is tho, people are saying that yes, you can record one, and watch one, but you cant record two channels at the same time.

this i think is pathetic, for a twin tuner Sat box.

the ONLY winners of this plus box for me, is the ability to get 4:2:2 feeds, whether they are SD or HD, and blind scan.

the other functions don't bother me.

i have been offered a normal PREMIUM model, with a 200gb drive for £220 which is quite good....(second hand)

BUT id like the plus, to be able to blind scan....

SO im in a right quandry at the moment.

im not sure what the rules are about posting about other forums, but "satpimps" is a very good forum for satellite guys, great for all sorts of knowledge, its a UK site, and we don't stand for any nonsense in it, its just good honest people wanting to help each other.

there are lots of AZBOX threads going on there at the moment, and the general impression is that people are not happy with the support from OPENSAT re this the AZBOX range.

we now have a Premium PLUS section, but its quiet at the moment, cos people are grouchy at opensat for failing to deliver on their promises since the azbox was relaeased.

Cheers all!!

Manikm,

Thanks for posting what you and the others in the UK and Europe are finding with the plus model and their impressions.

The hardware blind scan is definitely the "plus" for me. That is the aspect that I am most concerned with.

Recording two programs at the same time.... Well, I guess I don't find this to be a necessity and actually not something that I had even pondered much on. Being able to record one program through one tuner and surf with the other tuner was my goal. I am sure that others would nearly demand this option, but I haven't been spoiled that bad yet. :D

It truly is hard to wait to test this new receiver. :)

I do believe that you are welcome to mention and promote other sites, provided that it is always done with proper and positive etiquette. We are a no-nonsense group here as well, and we desire to promote all advancements of knowledge in this field (hobby) and all related fields. After all, we are all striving for the same goals.

As far as happiness in the AZBox product line and OpenSat's support, I believe that most of the AZBox owners here are pleased. Sure, we have our gripes and criticisms, but we have those with other receivers, too. I for one am quite pleased, even with the glitches and bugs that I have found in the receiver (referring to the Premium model), but I usually find a way to work around most issues. That is even a part of the fun!

RADAR

Hello all, this is a second e-mail that i have sent about 2 weeks ago with
no reply also added some other stuff.
Re Premium Plus
Hi
I have had this receiver for a couple of weeks now and i already sent a
report with no reply. I am going to send it again and hopefully something
gets done about it. The last updated software is loaded.
This report is based on mi knowledge, my set up and based on a comparison with 4 different
DVB-S2 capable receivers and a couple S2 capable PC cards
1) There is a problem with DVB-S2 8PSK signals C and KU band, all signals with a FEC up to 3/4
they are ok they come in and they are watchable, any signals with a FEC 5/6, 7/8, 8/9, 9/10
are not watchable, the receiver knows the signal is there,
the quality bar is at 0 but it will still download the channels and when you go to
watch there is no signal. This is a big issue and i think should be fixed as soon as possible.
2) BLINDSCAN
a) If the receiver is blindscanning and you stop it before it finishes it will not go to channel download,
if it found any Transponders they are lost.
b) After a blindscan the receiver goes to channel download and should scan only Transponders found
in blindscan, not entire database. In other words if you blindscan a certain frequency range let say on NSS 806 that has about 90 Transponders the receiver will download channels from all the 90 Transponders not from the particular frequency range that you blindscanned.
c) When blindscan starts there should be a board that will say on top left (OLD TRANSPONDERS)
on top right (NEW TRANSPONDERS) and all transponders should be posted there. When
blindscan is finished than it should go to the channel download board that you have there now.
d) When you blindscan a new satellite that you set up yourself and you set up a transponder live or dummy, the blindscan will work fine but if you blindscan a satellite that is in the database than anything can happen sometimes it works sometime does not work.

3) In Antenna set up should be extra bar with polarity selection H/V for linear and L/R for circular polarity

the same should be for blindscanning.
4) When a channel has audio on the left and audio on the right they can not be separated therefore you
can not watch a channel with 2 different audio playing at the same time.
5) Channel list is not set up very well and i am sure you have received many complaints.
6) Channels can not be moved in channel list
7) Satellites can not be renamed and orbital position can not be changed
8) In blindscan the selection of Frequency, Steps and Symbol rate is set up very well only the
default for C-Band LNB 5150 should be 3700 to 4200 and the default for KU LNB10750
should be 11700 to 12200.
9) When blindscan starts there should be a board that will say on top left (OLD TRANSPONDERS)
on top right (NEW TRANSPONDERS) and all transponders should be posted there. When
blindscan is finished than it should go to the channel download board that you have there now.
10) Channel backup Channel restore does not work, the Channels come back ok but the settings are all messed up.
11) Recording is not working, i have used an 8G USB stick and nothing shows up only a blank screen i will try with a 500G USB hard drive in the next few days and see what happens.

tede

Hi Tede, I think emailing Azbox or opensat will get little done...you could copy and paste this into your browser.

http://www.azbox.com/forum

If you register they have a section to reports bugs and faults the only problem is, if your post as the potential to lose them sales they will remove it.

A large amount of the forums in Europe and the UK are unhappy with the practice of removing honest and transparent comments and it is not making them many friends.

Kind regards

James.

full link was not showing so I have adjusted it.

Last edited:
Hi Tede, I think emailing Azbox or opensat will get little done...

If you register they have a section to reports bugs and faults the only problem is, if your post as the potential to lose them sales they will remove it.

Kind regards

James.

James,

Thank you.

To add to your information, I highly urge that anyone who uses the AZBox bug report site to research that site before posting their suggestions or bug complaints. They have requested that a specific "template" be used to submit the bugs or suggestions and I think they will take the report more seriously if you follow the guidelines and use this template.

It is a pain to do this, but it makes the report look much more presentable and easier to follow. I also have a suspicion that OpenSAT manages a database which downloads these templates for their use. If you simply type a paragraph as "normal talk" it may be read occasionally, but may not be downloaded into their database as the templates are. That is just my own thought.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts