Blockbuster Instore Returns-FAIL!!

sethwell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Booneville, AR
So the nearest Blockbuster store is about 30 minutes or so from me and since i had to go to that city today to do some shopping i thought i would return my mailed disc and get a another one. I go to the store locater on thier website and find a store there. nice, until i get to the store. the pics will explain.

Locatestore.jpgFAIL.jpg

Dish might want to have the Blockbuster guys do some verification of current stores and update the websites. Movies | New Releases | DVD Rental | Movie Trailers | Movie Reviews and www.blockbustermoviepass.com , both websites store locaters showed this store still open. i thought it was pretty weird that every title i checked was out of stock at the store. lol, no wonder!!! FAIL

A heads up for the clueless... :) Don't trust any email advisory that says your DVD was shipped on a Monday and delivery should be Thursday. Most of these centers are 1 day mail shipping from people in the city and 2 days if you live way out in the boonies. The center that shipped mine is in Daytona Beach which is about 90 minutes drive and there are several truck runs every night. My claimed Monday shipment was actually sent Wednesday. It is rare if BB decides to ship your DVD across the country. I checked with my post office and unless a letter, even 3rd class gets lost, it is next day delivery from my center. Easy to claim they sent your DVD and then blame post office for the delay. I'd like to see proof that pattern is normal. Sorry for being cynical, but something doesn't add up with these delays.

Matches my experience, too, Don. My first DVD supposedly shipped Monday w/predicted arrival today. But it actually arrived yesterday w/a return address of Richmond, VA. Most mail I get from that close by usually gets delivered overnight, so this is surprising. (I suspect they actually shipped Tuesday.) At least it was a recent release and 1st on my list!

A heads up for the clueless... :) Don't trust any email advisory that says your DVD was shipped on a Monday and delivery should be Thursday. Most of these centers are 1 day mail shipping from people in the city and 2 days if you live way out in the boonies. The center that shipped mine is in Daytona Beach which is about 90 minutes drive and there are several truck runs every night. My claimed Monday shipment was actually sent Wednesday. It is rare if BB decides to ship your DVD across the country. I checked with my post office and unless a letter, even 3rd class gets lost, it is next day delivery from my center. Easy to claim they sent your DVD and then blame post office for the delay. I'd like to see proof that pattern is normal. Sorry for being cynical, but something doesn't add up with these delays.

Think about how many thousand of new people signed up this weekend.. I am sure they got swamped for Mondays delivery. I am sure it will get faster.. My local Block Buster closed down about 2 months before this all started.. So I am SOL.. on in store returns. Unless I want to drive about 30 miles..

I wish they would allow us to return to a kiosk somehow. I have acouple of those nearby.

My disc shipped Monday and came Wednesday from Tulsa. I can live with that, just wish that store had actually been open.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

sethwell said:
I wish they would allow us to return to a kiosk somehow. I have acouple of those nearby.

My disc shipped Monday and came Wednesday from Tulsa. I can live with that, just wish that store had actually been open.

The Kiosks are run by a completely different company not at all related to Blockbuster so that's unlikely to ever happen.

What they need to do when there closing the stores is take all those movies and not sell them but put them in there dvd by mail inventory. More dvds the less wait for everyone! Yay!!!

What they need to do when there closing the stores is take all those movies and not sell them but put them in there dvd by mail inventory. More dvds the less wait for everyone! Yay!!!
I suspect that most B&M Blockbuster stores are independently owned and operated. When a franchisee goes out of business I'm sure they get more money selling their inventory to the public rather than selling wholesale back to the parent company.

...that says your DVD was shipped on a Monday and delivery should be Thursday.

Easy to claim they sent your DVD and then blame post office for the delay.
BB has NO CLUE how long mail delivery takes, so they ask the USPS and give you that info. So, unless BB says they shipped it on one day and really didn't ship it until the following, or later, blaming the post office is certainly feasible.

I suspect that most B&M Blockbuster stores are independently owned and operated. When a franchisee goes out of business I'm sure they get more money selling their inventory to the public rather than selling wholesale back to the parent company.
Most of the stores that closed were BB owned. The ones still around are mostly franchised.

I guess someone got the info that the website needed updating. The store is no longer listed. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Locatestore2.JPG
    Locatestore2.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 178
One thing about exchange with local store. They said if you return the mailed disc and exchange one with the local store.
That means you must also return the one that you've finished viewing the next time with a local store. You cannot return the one you took from the local store by mailing it in.

Is that true?

One thing about exchange with local store. They said if you return the mailed disc and exchange one with the local store.
That means you must also return the one that you've finished viewing the next time with a local store. You cannot return the one you took from the local store by mailing it in.

Is that true?

Yes, that is true. You return the in-store exchange and when they scan it in as received, BB sends your next movie in the queue by mail...and the cycle repeats.

Actually my local store return was better than I expected.
I finished watching a movie yesterday at 7:30 PM, I took it to the store and at 7:43 I got an email saying it was received and the next one in my queue will be shipped... It was shipped this morning and will arrive tomorrow.

OK, so if I get one by mail and take it to the store can I pick a new one up @ the store? How does that work? It would be nice to be able to watch 2 movies a week that way (Friday & Saturday nights) and not wait for another one to come in the mail.