Blockbuster Movie Pass performance thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am happy to say I have been able to get a total of six discs in my first week on this three out plan (3 by mail, 3 more exchanged in store). All this for $10 more than I was already paying for Platinum. It's also the same price as I had been paying for the one-out-at-a-time plan by BB before this new program (which netted me two movies per weekend with the exchange). It's also about the same price that I was paying previously for Netflix one at a time plan which netted only one disc per weekend since no in-store exchanges with them, of course.

I personally think this is an outstanding deal! :D

I recently posted this-
plus the linking services such as Limelight and skyworks solutions

I slipped on skyworks solutions and meant to write Akamai and Level3. Skyworks is not involved in media storage and network media distribution.

The list of centers is possibly a good start but it is not official. I also got mine from Daytona Beach, FL.

Little update. They received two movies today (most likely got them Saturday of course), and Fast Five and Scream 4 were my top two, both showing long wait. Scream 4 went, along with an older flick down the line with no wait. About as I expected.

Unless they've changed from when I had BB last, they use PO drops. Mine used to go back to Springfield, IL, but my disks usually came from the STL center. There was no distribution center in Springfield. BB ran a truck from Springfield to STL to deliver the disks. That said, there were times I received disks from other centers. They use some kind of algorithm in deciding what disks to send. It seemed like if I had a disk at the top of the queue for a couple weeks, it might eventually come from another center taking maybe 3 days. These were usually older disks and not new releases. Usually, the return will be addressed to the nearest center or PO drop regardless from which center it shipped.

I live about 35 miles from my distribution center. My first disc said three days to arrive (took two), the second disc now says two days. I expect that means that the second disc is coming from a closer distribution center. Personally, I hate the wait. Someone should just get in a car and drive the disc to me. It'd end up bankrupting the service, but then I wouldn't have to wait for discs.

Well after chatting on line with a Dish CSR, and being told that I did indeed have the 2 disc subscription with BBMP, it turns out that my account wasn't updated. So I was under the 1 disc subscription plan. Called Dish last night, spoke with a CSR who didn't know what was going on. She was transferring me to BB CSR when she disconnected me. Called back this morning, talked to another Dish CSR, and she confirmed that I was on the 1 disc plan, she then upgraded my plan to the 2 disc plan while I was on the phone. After she was done, she advised me to go into my Dish account on line and see if it had updated. It had, so everything is correct now.

On another issue, the BBMP Streaming Menu on the 722k needs some serious updating. It takes way too long to have to look through all those titles to find a movie. Even trying to use the filters doesn't help much. Dish has to do something about that menu. It's not "user friendly" at all. I can get BB streaming on my Samsung Blu-ray player, and the menu is much, much better. Similar to Netflix's streaming menu.

Ghpr13:(

I signed up on Sunday. First disc shipped on Monday and it arrived Tuesday. A++ so far.

ordered a movie. took about 4 days to arrive. will likely take another 4 days to get back to BB.

Also, wanted to download the animated Hercules for my kids (took all day) and when it was finally ready to watch, it was the live action Lou Ferigno (sp?) version from 1960 something! eventhough the info clearly indicated the animated version was the download.

On another note. I'm not a big user of disks. I prefer to stream. I've been streaming over NF for about a year with no issues.

With BBMP you have to download movies to your DVR. Okay fine, but when it takes 4 hours to download an SD movie I don't care to watch it any more. HD downloads are 6 to 8 hours. I realize this is all due to internet speed, but if that's the case why can I stream a NF SD movie to my DVD player and watch while streaming? but it can't do the same thing with my BBMP? and if I chose to stream to my DVD player on blockbuster I have to pay $3 and up for movies I get for no additional cost on NF.

So I'm canceling BBMP and keeping NF streaming, and anything I want to watch on disk I'll get for a buck at Redbox. Or if NF and RB don't have it bet I can find it on VUDU which I can also stream to my DVD player.

BBMP is NOT worth $10/mnth. $5 tops.

Last edited:
Do you keep "Wait" movies at the top of your list? I was once told by BB not to do this as it could slow down getting movies that did not have a wait.

I signed up on Sunday. First disc shipped on Monday and it arrived Tuesday. A++ so far.

That's pretty good considering the post office was closed Monday. Meant your disk had to ship on the day you opened the account to get it in the USPS system. USPS does move mail on holidays, they do not process, pick up or deliver on holidays.

That's pretty good considering the post office was closed Monday. Meant your disk had to ship on the day you opened the account to get it in the USPS system. USPS does move mail on holidays, they do not process, pick up or deliver on holidays.

This is what I don't understand. I mailed my 2 disc back on Saturday morning, mail lady picked them up about 9:00am EST. Received 3 emails on Monday from BB. Two emails stating they received my discs (one email for each disc), and the other email stating BB was mailing out my next disc, with an arrival date of Thursday the 13th. Today's mail came, no disc, so I guess they didn't lie. But this is still a longer turn around time then NF. Also now that I have my BBMP updated correctly to the 2 disc subscription, BB has yet to mail out a second disc. Have others out there with a multiple disc subscription had any problems getting more than one disc?

Ghpr13 :(

I mailed a disc back to BB on Saturday, and on Monday they said they had received the disc and were shipping the next one, to arrive on Wednesday. It actually arrived on Tuesday. NF can't beat that for turnaround time. (I have the one-disc-at-a-time option and the zip for my BB distribution center is 3 miles from my house). So far I'm quite pleased with BB.

First disc (one at a time plan) took 3 days to arrive (which is what they said it would take). Dropped it in the mail on Monday (holiday). Received email today that my next one was going back out. Should deliver on Saturday (3 days). I guess that's the best I can hope for. I live 2 1/2 hours from StL and 3 1/2 from KC. Both are distribution points, right? My first disc was returned to Tulsa which is about 5 1/2-6 hours from me. I can live with 3 days to ship since I can currently only watch on weekends.

My second disc shipped on Monday, arrived on Tuesday (including the holiday!). Sent it back yesterday, hope to get another sent out before Saturday. My first blu-ray had scratches. The second was perfect.
ordered a movie. took about 4 days to arrive. will likely take another 4 days to get back to BB.

Also, wanted to download the animated Hercules for my kids (took all day) and when it was finally ready to watch, it was the live action Lou Ferigno (sp?) version from 1960 something! eventhough the info clearly indicated the animated version was the download.

On another note. I'm not a big user of disks. I prefer to stream. I've been streaming over NF for about a year with no issues.

With BBMP you have to download movies to your DVR. Okay fine, but when it takes 4 hours to download an SD movie I don't care to watch it any more. HD downloads are 6 to 8 hours. I realize this is all due to internet speed, but if that's the case why can I stream a NF SD movie to my DVD player and watch while streaming? but it can't do the same thing with my BBMP? and if I chose to stream to my DVD player on blockbuster I have to pay $3 and up for movies I get for no additional cost on NF.

So I'm canceling BBMP and keeping NF streaming, and anything I want to watch on disk I'll get for a buck at Redbox. Or if NF and RB don't have it bet I can find it on VUDU which I can also stream to my DVD player.

BBMP is NOT worth $10/mnth. $5 tops.
Epix 1&2 and Sony Movie Channel (who has done some tremendous remastering) alone may be "worth" $10 a month. Everything else is gravy! It does get tired after a while, like any premium, but the Disc rental, including blu-ray, helps keep it fresher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)