Blockbuster Movie Pass - Questions Thread

Here's my question, I know you can take the DVD that was mailed to you to a Blockbuster store and exchange it for an in store DVD. Once you watch that DVD, can you exchange that DVD for another DVD? I returned the in store DVD because I thought the next DVD in my queue would be mailed but it wasn't because it's now on a short wait but is available in my local store. Also learned that Blockbuster by maildoes't mail on Saturdays like Netflix does.

Here's my question, I know you can take the DVD that was mailed to you to a Blockbuster store and exchange it for an in store DVD. Once you watch that DVD, can you exchange that DVD for another DVD? I returned the in store DVD because I thought the next DVD in my queue would be mailed but it wasn't because it's now on a short wait but is available in my local store. Also learned that Blockbuster by maildoes't mail on Saturdays like Netflix does.

This has been asked and answered several times here, but the answer is that it is mail...store...mail...store...mail...store...etc.

You cannot go mail...store...store...store...store...etc. Otherwise you should just get the in-store plan. It is Blockbuster BY MAIL with unlimited exchanges...but note that the unlimited exchanges mean you can exchange each mailed disc ONCE at a store, and do that as many times as possible (unlimited) based on the number of mailings you receive and discs out at a time that you have from Blockbuster. But only one exchange at the store, then wait for the next mailer. Hope that helps.;)

Thanks Coach. I guess if all of the released DVD's in your queue are on some sort of wait, it's "mail ... store ... wait .... wait ... wait ... keep paying ... wait ...". They need to beef up their by mail inventory of new releases.

Thanks Coach. I guess if all of the released DVD's in your queue are on some sort of wait, it's "mail ... store ... wait .... wait ... wait ... keep paying ... wait ...". They need to beef up their by mail inventory of new releases.

The first couple that I had in my queue were short wait and now. The short wait got sent the next morning, so you never know.

This has been asked and answered several times here, but the answer is that it is mail...store...mail...store...mail...store...etc.

You cannot go mail...store...store...store...store...etc. Otherwise you should just get the in-store plan. It is Blockbuster BY MAIL with unlimited exchanges...but note that the unlimited exchanges mean you can exchange each mailed disc ONCE at a store, and do that as many times as possible (unlimited) based on the number of mailings you receive and discs out at a time that you have from Blockbuster. But only one exchange at the store, then wait for the next mailer. Hope that helps.;)

Ok say you get your first disc (mail), the you exchange it (Store), do you RETURN that disc (the 2nd one from store) to the store OR mail (before they send you your next one via mail??)

Ok say you get your first disc (mail), the you exchange it (Store), do you RETURN that disc (the 2nd one from store) to the store OR mail (before they send you your next one via mail??)
To the store. Not convenient if you don't have a store nearby...two trips.

Last edited:
The first couple that I had in my queue were short wait and now. The short wait got sent the next morning, so you never know.

Same here. I have received several that were listed as short wait but shipped anyway. A couple of hints to help: Don't select only new releases (same concept applies at Netflix), and set your "Shipping Preferences" to "Speed", not "order". Also, if there is a title you want that is in both Bluray and DVD, you can use the little arrow on the queue to change the Bluray to DVD and a lot of times that makes a "long wait" title available right away. Also make sure you have adequate number of titles in your queue.

I have 55 titles in my queue, with 3 very long waits (that change to available if I change from Bluray to DVD but I'm not in a hurry for them) and 5 short waits. This is a mixture of new release and some older titles primarily in horror, sci-fi and action genres. I have not had a single thing shipped below my top 5 picks (3 out at a time plan).

You're welcome. :)

I agree about the new releases but everyone complains about that on the Netflix forums also. I think it is something that affects this industry in general. I've had both Netflix and BB and never really had an issue getting new releases pretty quickly. The in-store exchanges help a lot in that aspect as I can almost always trade in-store for anything I want.

Just as a side thought, "unlimited" is a bit misleading if you can do only one in-store exchange per mailing. I wish there was a little more truth in advertising. Instead of unlimited discs by mail, up to 10 per month by mail which can be doubled, in theory, with in store exchange.

a question on streaming and the interface:

is there a way to view streaming titles on-line and add to a queue to watch later or is the interface in the 722 the only way to see and choose? i see the filters, but it is still a long list and linear.

BTW: PQ is very good

TIA

what about dish bill if you have movie pass together with HBO + Showtime, are they suppose to charge you $33 for 3 packages or $10 + $24? Just curious...

a question on streaming and the interface:

is there a way to view streaming titles on-line and add to a queue to watch later or is the interface in the 722 the only way to see and choose? i see the filters, but it is still a long list and linear.

BTW: PQ is very good

TIA

You are able to stream Blockbuster Movie Pass through Dishonline.com. Once you are logged in click on the Blockbuster Movie Pass logo and it will take you to a new page that will have items that show "unlocked" in the top left of the thumbnail. There is not a way to set up a queue for streaming.

what about dish bill if you have movie pass together with HBO + Showtime, are they suppose to charge you $33 for 3 packages or $10 + $24? Just curious...

Blockbuster Movie Pass is separate from the other premium services. It is $10 per month and does not discount when you have other premium services on your account. The $10 + $24 is correct if you have HBO and Showtime.

I had Blockbuster's 3 movies out at a time package with auto billing to my credit car. Because I "added" the Blockbuster Movie Pass 4 days after the auto bill date I had already paid for a month with 3 movies out at a time. Dish account shows the BMP with 1 movie out at a time now. So I contacted blockbuster via email contact us asking for a pro-rated refund and the response is that they don't give any refunds.... It's not a lot of money but still feels like a rip-off by Blockbuster. Any one else have this issue?

Isn't the Total Access plan $19.99? I'd contact the CC company if Blockbuster is unwilling to prorate.

I am dish HD plat member and I got an email saying this BB pass was free. I assume it is only free for a limited time. Anyone know the details? They didn't really have anything in the email and I don't feel like calling Dish to find out. TIA.

I am dish HD plat member and I got an email saying this BB pass was free. I assume it is only free for a limited time. Anyone know the details? They didn't really have anything in the email and I don't feel like calling Dish to find out. TIA.

If you send me a PM with your phone or account number and some more details I can check into this for you. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts