Blockbuster Movie Pass performance thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's pretty good considering the post office was closed Monday. Meant your disk had to ship on the day you opened the account to get it in the USPS system. USPS does move mail on holidays, they do not process, pick up or deliver on holidays.

Yeah...I thought it was strange when I got the email saying they shipped on a Holiday......not complaining, though. :D

Got my game disc today. Son was thrilled. I wish I could get at lease one day trimmed off the turn around time. Still no word about shipping out my second disc. Not happy about that.

Ghpr13:(

Exchanged all three discs in the store over the weekend, got three new ones. Returned one exchange on Sunday to the store, got an email Monday that the next disc shipped. Received new disc for that one Wednesday. Returned the other two exchanges late Monday evening, got an email Tuesday that the next two had shipped and received both of them Thursday. I am reloaded for another six disc weekend. :D

FYI, I already had Platinum so I was paying $10 per month without any discs. For basically the same thing I was paying for Netflix one at a time plus the Platinum, I have three discs plus the former Platinum channels. 6 discs per weekend (with the in-store exchanges) for virtually the same price as I was spending for one per weekend before this program. Outstanding deal even if it never streams at all...and the streaming has worked great for me also so far.

I'm happy this is working for some of you. I have yet to get my second disk from the mail. Been 8 days now and 6 days since I received an email anticipating arrival yesterday. At this rate I'll be lucky if I get 3 disks a month!.

I returned a disc to my local store Wednesday evening and received the next movie in my queue in today's mail. They can't get any better with the turnaround time than that!! :up

I'm happy this is working for some of you. I have yet to get my second disk from the mail. Been 8 days now and 6 days since I received an email anticipating arrival yesterday. At this rate I'll be lucky if I get 3 disks a month!.
Thats really strange. I subscribed to BB by mail a few years back and always had lightning turnaround (sans 1 month when they were experiencing major problems). I wonder
how much proximity to distribution centers has to do with it....I live ~~30 miles of the Cleveland dist. center.

Perhaps this thread would be a little easier to digest if everybody would post their results in a uniform manner, like:

City, State
Delivery time from online cue = xx days
Delivery time for new DVD from cue after dropping off DVD in store = xx days
Delivery time for sending back in mail (DVD returned to new DVD arrives) = xx days
Additional Notes: (like, disc was cracked.. or Monday was a holiday.. Disc was new release so low availability.... or, sent wrong disc)

...because you've got the issue of delivery time but then 'performance' also means correct disc delivered, use of online site, etc., etc

I live in Mobile, Al
Center is P-cola, Fl, 45 miles away
Mail Saturday
Check in Mon-Tue
Get new Wed-Thu

This is my current experience with BB Online

I mail returned a BD on Wednesday to a local address in Indy. Has yet to clear que. Problem report wants you to wait until three days. May go ahead, anyway.

My one disk I received came from Daytona Beach about 80 miles away. Just about anywhere in the state is overnight shipping by USPS so it's not mail delays.

Well my saga with BBMP goes on. After finally getting my 2 disc subscription updated correctly, I had to call Dish because I've yet to receive a second disc since they received my 2 discs back on 10-10-11. Of course it took 2 calls to Dish due to wrong info from the first CSR. The second CSR had me call a different phone number for BBMP that was directly to BB Customer Service (which is a little frustrating, when on the old BB web site it tells you that you need to contact Dish for everything). Anyway, the CSR at BB check to see if I had a "stuck slot" (whatever that means), he said I didn't but I needed to add more discs to my queue. Now I had 10 discs in my queue, out of the 10 2 said they were available right now. I asked why one of these weren't sent out and he stated that "just because it shows available "now" it could still go to another subscriber that had it on their queue before me". OK...Whatever?? Bottom line I added about 20 more movies to my queue, and I want to see what happens now.

I've been with Dish over 2 years now, and I've been pretty happy with them as a whole. And I think this BBMP is pretty great too because it is saving me some cash compared to what I was paying with NF or my old BB subscription. It's just aggravating that when a problem does happen, it takes so long to correct it and, once again, every Dish CSR you talk to has a different version of what's going on.

OK, now that I vented a little, here's my data for the thread:
Fairdale, KY (considered part of Louisville, mailing wise)
Mailed disc back Saturday
BB recv'd Monday
New Disc sent out Monday
I recv'd Thursday

When I had Netflix:
Mailed disc back Saturday
NF recv'd Monday
New disc sent out Monday
I recv'd disc Wednesday

Ghpr13:)

Well I finally got my second disk and it shipped from the same center as the first one, Daytona Beach, FL.

If I am able to watch and return a disk on the same day, meaning a trip to BB store on the same day as I receive the mailed disk and then watch that one and return it on the same day, I can average 2 disks in 8 days. Or 2 disks in 10 days if I keep each overnight. For a good turn around time, let's just figure with in store exchange, I can average 6 BB disks a month.

The same service keeping each disk overnight, Netflix can average 8 disks a month, a little better. But BB has streaming for $10 and Netflix costs just double that. For me, it appears BB is cheaper The real bargain shows up witn 2 and 3 out at a time. The wait is long, however so with 3 out at a time, it would be better to space those out over a 10 day period.

I just received my third disc. The 2nd and 3rd discs arrived a day after I rec'vd an email saying it was sent. Ultimately turnaround, put disc 2 in mail on Tuesday, got disc 3 on Saturday.

I'm about 30 miles from where the discs are being mailed to.

Something I just realized. You cannot give star ratings to movies. Wonder why.

Actually, I had tried the Blockbuster trial period before Dish offered the BBMP. I can log into my old Blockbuster account through the Blockbuster website (it auto updates with everything I do through the Dish link so I know that it is the exact same account through Dish). There you can rate movies. Try logging in to the Blockbuster site. I can manage my queue there and much prefer it to the Dish version. I had meant to post that I can do this a while back but forgot. The website still needs significant upgrades to be on par with Netflix in that department, though.

Well, today BBPM just sent out a my second disc today, after receiving my two disc last Monday. I just mailed back the disc I received last Thursday this morning. So lets see how long it will take BBMP to send out my next disc. I hope Dish will take the time to work on improving both the BBMP web site and definitely work on the streaming menu. I'm not trying look a gift horse but right now BBMP is no Netflix. I understand that Dish's offering of BBMP is not directed at Netflix but more at DirecTV and cable, but if BBMP frustrates Dish's subs when using it, then that will negate the added value of BBMP.

Ghpr13:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)