Blockbuster problems, I sent the dvd back, and it has not shown as return, an email by customer serv

acustomer

Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
america
Blockbuster problems, I sent the dvd back, and it has not shown as return, an email by customer service said they " we learned that some disks were not being checked in as normal and we are working to resolve that issue as soon as possible. helpI sent the dvd on june 29 and its now july 11. So I have three movies on queve, and nothing is being sent out.Note I started the service in april. Got two dvds so far. One movie recieved and returned quickly. Then I decided to keep a dvd for two months, see I hardly watch dvds, but the point is I did return the dvd but I am waiting for dvd to state its been clear. I received email from customer service stating we learned that some disks were not being checked in as normal and we are working to resolve that issue as soon as possible. That does nothing for me lol as its not showing up as return, after I reported the return of the dvd, and nearly 2 weeks later same thing.Offered me and e coupon, no stores my way. Weird So they admit they have not being checked in, that is not fair to me. I dont mind having only one dvd every now and again, but I am sure others are not happy. I also am not happy that since I return the dvd its not showing as its been return and customer service admits to this, so I dont get a new dvd delivered because of them not checking in the dvd thats crazy.I have the everything dish package as well. I dont have hd tv version of it, But I just think they need to do something. Poor customer service it takes 4 days to get an answer that does nothing for me. I wanna know if they received the dvd, but it seems like I wont find out because of the problem they admit they having been checking back the dvds, so I dont receive a new dvd.blah this sucksThis is not a good business. I dont really care to much about recieving dvds I did it for basically epix channels and maybe for online streaming once in awhile but if I do want a dvd and I do return it I would like to know if they when I do send a dvd back they recieve it. pissed off

Welcome to Satellite Guys. Lately I have not received any emails from BB, used to get returned confirmations and newly shipped emails, not anymore.
Dan

Yeah, somethings definitely changed. I never had any issue before and always received my next disc within 4 days of mailing the previous one back. Would get email confirmations of each as well (they seemed backwards as I'd always get the "we have shipped the next disc" email before the "we have received XXX" return one). Sent "Contraband" back on July 2nd, and haven't heard a thing. I was worried that it was lost in the mail and just went into my queue to report the problem. I was surprised to see the next movie at the top of the queue, listed to be received today. Still haven't received any email about it.

I turn my disc in at my local store. They scan it and show it received. Previously, the disc would be automatically removed from my at home queue when the store scanned it. For the last month or so, the disc are not showing returned. I have called each time and they have removed the disc from my at home queue. This time when I reported the problem BB says that because I am having so many issues that they will not show the disc received until the store returns it to them. I am having NO issues, all of the issues are BB errors, not mine. It usually take 7 to 10 days for the store disc to be received at BB. BB has gone haywire and in to self destruction mode. I have been looking at Cox bundles and each time I have a problem with Dish, the Cox bundles look better and better. Plus the bundles make Cox cheaper than Dish. TV, internet and telephone.

Last Friday I mailed back a game I had received in the mail -- I just checked my queue today to see whether they got the title back yet and saw that it shows I have 2 (!) copies of "Chronicle" at home from my local Blockbuster store. My last exchange at my store was for "Chronicle", but that was weeks ago and I have been exchanging through the mail since then. Why it popped back up in my queue is a mystery -- the date says I rented the 2 copies 7/5/2012 and I haven't been in my store for weeks! I called my local store and they explained that there was a "problem" with the satellite update connection between the store and Dish and I would have to call 800-406-6843 and get them to "manually remove" the disks from my queue. I called and spent 20 minutes on hold (being told they were experiencing a "higher than normal" volume of calls) before I had to hang up. I'm going to try and email them, but it sounds like they have a colossal screw-up on their hands right now.

Welcome to Satellite Guys. Lately I have not received any emails from BB, used to get returned confirmations and newly shipped emails, not anymore.
Dan
Yup, discs are still coming and going but no more emails and my queue still has long waits and very long waits. Oh well I enjoy the service while it lasts.

Last Friday I mailed back a game I had received in the mail -- I just checked my queue today to see whether they got the title back yet and saw that it shows I have 2 (!) copies of "Chronicle" at home from my local Blockbuster store. My last exchange at my store was for "Chronicle", but that was weeks ago and I have been exchanging through the mail since then. Why it popped back up in my queue is a mystery -- the date says I rented the 2 copies 7/5/2012 and I haven't been in my store for weeks! I called my local store and they explained that there was a "problem" with the satellite update connection between the store and Dish and I would have to call 800-406-6843 and get them to "manually remove" the disks from my queue. I called and spent 20 minutes on hold (being told they were experiencing a "higher than normal" volume of calls) before I had to hang up. I'm going to try and email them, but it sounds like they have a colossal screw-up on their hands right now.

I had a very similar experience. I exchanged a mailed DVD for Mirror-Mirror, and it showed up twice in my queue along with another store disk I returned 2 weeks ago! When I returned Mirror-Mirror, both instances of that disk disappeared, but the erroneous 3rd disk remained. I went to my store and they said my store queue was clear and to call an 877 number (which I did not retain). Higher than normal volume indeed! I finally called the number from work, putting it on speakerphone while I went about my business. When a nice lady came on to help, she was able to verify my story and clear my queue.

Dan

Same here. No email. My wife was getting concerned that a movie got lost. Checked the Queue and sure enough, the last movie got there and the next one was already on it's way.

....email confirmations of each as well (they seemed backwards as I'd always get the "we have shipped the next disc" email before the "we have received XXX" return one).

Ours was like this too. I always thought that was a little strange!:confused:

I emailed customer support a day and a half ago, and so far no response of any kind, not even the auto-response "we have received your message" type. Meanwhile, my queue is blocked with 2 erroneous "in-store pickup" discs in my "At Home" section, and my local Blockbuster store says they are powerless to help get rid of them.

Yup; have to call corporate to clear your queue. See phone number in post 10.

For those that were waiting forever to talk to blockbuster to clear there que (like myself) called this morning as soon the opened and waited only a minute or so. Que got cleared

I emailed BB@Home support last Thursday and finally got a response today (Monday) apologizing and saying they have cleared my queue. They also emailed a coupon for a free rental at Blockbuster.

I returned a in store DVD and que was updated immediately. Maybe a sign that there back on track?

I had to call yesterday to clear my queue of a store disk that I returned to to store but did not clear my queue.

Also, I received an email last week saying Tinker Tailor Solder Spy was shipped. One day later I got an email thanking me for returning it! It is not in my queue any more, and a different disk now shows as shipped. I just got TTSP in the mail. Gonna wait a few days to see if what BB shows as shipped comes in the mail too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts