Bloomberg TV...No Audio???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Splicer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I just happened to plug in a G15 V line to a SA PowerVu and VOILA! Bloomberg TV!!! Beautiful video...But no audio??? Why??? What would cause/remedy this? I am psyched i actually got a FTA without even trying! LOL:D

Very Good! Thankyou sir! But now tell me...what is AC3 audio???

Most older SA PowerVus will not output (pass) AC-3, not sure about the new ones though...
Thats what I was thinking...Odd tho that a 'digital' receiver won't decode the 'digital' audio along with the 'digital' video??? The DVB PowerVu I am using I think is the 9223??? Sound right??? But there is no DD output on these only analog left/right...Now I understand what AC3 means...Dolby Digital;)

OR...Could the DD signal be passed thru the plug in audio jacks (NOT the RCA jacks) then to a RCA plug for a coaxial DD connection then that could be remodulated as an analog signal???

If these things even output PCM digital sound, it would be through the multiwire green connectors near the top of the box. I believe they only output balanced analog audio from there, though.

Even if a box outputs uncompressed (PCM) digital sound, it won't necessarily output compressed Dolby Digital (AC3).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts