Blown Power Supply on 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

john81

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
North Pole
I had a 722 that slowly died, first making loud squealing noises, then refused to live another day and killed itself and won't turn on again. My bet is that the power supply blew out, and simply needs to be replaced. Does that sound right? Is it costly to take to an electronics guy to get fixed? The unit is not under warranty so I'm stuck with this door-stopper unless I sell it on ebay. How much do you think i can get for it on ebay? Any insite and comments on this would help, thx.

Thx for the reply.

If it was the hard-drive, then wouldn't the 722 at least be able to turn on and say error with hard-drive. I get no power at all on this 722 now. I can maybe hear the slightest ticking sound inside the receiver when it is plugged in.

If i call Dish they won't replace it because it's not warrantied.

Thx for the reply.

If it was the hard-drive, then wouldn't the 722 at least be able to turn on and say error with hard-drive. I get no power at all on this 722 now. I can maybe hear the slightest ticking sound inside the receiver when it is plugged in.

If i call Dish they won't replace it because it's not warrantied.
Sign up for the DHPP and then call E* for a replacement. You should only have to pay for shipping. Cancel the DHPP after the replacement is working to your satisfaction.;)

Since they already have a call documenting the problem, I doubt they'll agree. Not much harm in trying, I guess.

Thx for the reply.

Bad drive is probably dragging down the ps, if you feel brave pop the top and unplug the drive.

So replacing the HDD should do the trick? Are compatible internal HDDs hard to find for the 722? Can i get a bigger one than what I had?

Thx for the replies guys, keep em coming.

IF you leased the receiver and Dish finds out, you will be charged full price for the receiver and they may still shut off your account. Better to have Dish replace the receiver.

If you read his original post. It's not under warranty and therefor not under lease. He owns it and can do what he wants with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)