Blu-ray interactivity enlivens 'Sleeping Beauty'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Glad to see that they've clarified the list of BD Live features that they've had planned. The chat/host a viewing is the only web enabled feature I actually enjoyed and thought to be innovative with HD DVD. Pass on all of the ringtone marketing BS.

S~

The only interactivity I would want for Sleeping Beauty is a mute button. That high pitched voice is horrible!

These Disney classic titles on BD are killing me. I will be buying both the BD and the DVD so it can be played in the van and other places (grandparents', etc). Currently the BD's are only playable in the HT. My daughter will want to see it elsewhere. They need to do some type of BD->DVD conversion or digital copy for people like me so I don't have to double dip.

These Disney classic titles on BD are killing me.
Does BD add anything to these old animation titles? I don't know, I'm asking. Maybe special features. I just can't imagine the picture and audio quality going up all that much. And even it if did, who would care? Probably not the young children who are the main audience for these movies.

Last edited:
Does BD add anything to these old animation titles? I don't know, I'm asking. Maybe special features. I just can't imagine the picture and audio quality going up all that much. And even it if did, who would care? Probably not the young children who are the main audience for these movies.

You're probably right there. My brain just can't seem to grasp "not" buying a new feature-laden BD like that. I can't imagine how good this 50 year old movie could possibly look in HD. I also don't think that me or my 4 year old daughter will be chatting with anyone in the BD-Live chat rooms while watching the movie :) . Maybe I will suck it up and just buy the DVD for $15 less.

Last edited:
You guys on the Blu side haven't seen Casablanca or the Adventures of Robin Hood yet. These two are even older and look fantastic on HD. Robin Hood is grainy as hell. It's from 1936!

You guys on the Blu side haven't seen Casablanca or the Adventures of Robin Hood yet. These two are even older and look fantastic on HD. Robin Hood is grainy as hell. It's from 1936!
I was thinking of older animation, not older live action. I was questioning what BD would offer for hand-drawn animation for the era of Snow White.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)