Blu Ray & SACD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
I'm sitting here thinking I need to replace my Panny BD65 with a BR player than will pass SACD as well. Got my eye on an Oppo...but...

My receiver does not have the multiple analog connections. So, will SACD pass through toslink?

I want to hear 5.1 SACD's...and if I'm going to do this, but I'd have to do without multiple analog channel cables. Can this happen?

Any ideas?

Thanks....

I hadn't look at the back of my Arcam since the day I bought it and guess what. Analog inputs. Feel like a rookie right now.

Most, if not all, SACD players will output nothing via toslink, even stereo. Coaxial and optical digital outputs will pass lossy Dolby Digital 2.0 and 5.1, DTS, and stereo PCM, including DVD-A, but no SACD. It will not output Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Master Audio, DTS High Resolution, DVD-A multi-channel, PCM multi-channel, and SACD. To get those, you would need either multi-channel analog outputs, or HDMI with a compatible receiver. I have an Oppo BDP-93 and a Pioneer DV-610AV, both of which have analog outputs through a Pioneer Elite VSX-90TVX. There are very few players on the market with analog outputs right now. The Oppo 103 would solve all those issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)