Blue Screen of Death (kinda)?

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I have a pc that gives me this on start up, opening programs and then it runs fine. But it does it all the time and it last for a little while. When I say all the time I mean every time I open a program, no matter how long the pc has been on. I believe I have the latest driver/ bios. I think its video related but I have no clue on what to do to fix it.:confused:
BlueScreen.jpg
Anyone know how to fix this?

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
MB: A8N-SLI
Bios: Revision 1604
RAM: 3GB pc-3200
Video: Nvidia Geforce 7900 GT

when you can go to your start menu and click on run. type in msconfig,hit enter, click on the tab startup and tell me what you have listed there. after that press ctrl alt del at the same time and in task manager see what programs are using the cpu and what %

when you can go to your start menu and click on run. type in msconfig,hit enter, click on the tab startup and tell me what you have listed there. after that press ctrl alt del at the same time and in task manager see what programs are using the cpu and what %
msconfig:
Realtek Sound Manger
Catalyst Control Center

task manger:
nvtray.exe
MOM.exe
Soundman.exe
taskmgr.exe
explore.exe
taskhost.exe
CCC.exe
nvvsvs.exe
nvxdsync.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
cpu is at zero for all of them.

The pc basically just has a fresh install of win7 not much else.

msconfig:
Realtek Sound Manger
Catalyst Control Center

task manger:
nvtray.exe
MOM.exe
Soundman.exe
taskmgr.exe
explore.exe
taskhost.exe
CCC.exe
nvvsvs.exe
nvxdsync.exe
winlogon.exe
csrss.exe
cpu is at zero for all of them.

The pc basically just has a fresh install of win7 not much else.
all looks good there. what hard drive do you have? sata? 1.5 or 3.0?

do you have S.M.A.R.T enabled in your bios for the hard drive? just want to make sure that your hard drive isn't failing. this can detect it at boot up.

do you have S.M.A.R.T enabled in your bios for the hard drive? just want to make sure that your hard drive isn't failing. this can detect it at boot up.
Yes and it's sata 1.5.
Turns out I found this and so far it seems to work.

GeForce 7900 GT scramble screen when playing dvd Win7_64bit Scramble screen when playing DVD movies and Hulu

"This may sound silly but... download EVGA's Precision 1.9.1, install and run it. Next, overclock the GPU memory by 20MHz and then try your DVD's. If they don't scramble, set the "Start with Windows" and "Apply at Windows Starrtup"options. As a bonus, you'll have a tool at the ready to measure temperatures, overclock and play with the fan duty cycle.

Now, the reason I suggested the above is because of an infamous problem with 7900GT's and Windows Vista where starting an OpenGL or DirectX applications cause the graphics card to send out an unsupported frequency to the monitor. I haven't come across anyone with Windows 7 and 7900GT experiencing this problem before but it was frustrating under Vista. All I can suggest is to try it and see if it works. (I had SLi'ed 7900's in a Vista box and overclocking the memory on both GFX cards did the trick.)"

Yes and it's sata 1.5.
Turns out I found this and so far it seems to work.

GeForce 7900 GT scramble screen when playing dvd Win7_64bit Scramble screen when playing DVD movies and Hulu

"This may sound silly but... download EVGA's Precision 1.9.1, install and run it. Next, overclock the GPU memory by 20MHz and then try your DVD's. If they don't scramble, set the "Start with Windows" and "Apply at Windows Starrtup"options. As a bonus, you'll have a tool at the ready to measure temperatures, overclock and play with the fan duty cycle.

Now, the reason I suggested the above is because of an infamous problem with 7900GT's and Windows Vista where starting an OpenGL or DirectX applications cause the graphics card to send out an unsupported frequency to the monitor. I haven't come across anyone with Windows 7 and 7900GT experiencing this problem before but it was frustrating under Vista. All I can suggest is to try it and see if it works. (I had SLi'ed 7900's in a Vista box and overclocking the memory on both GFX cards did the trick.)"
good to know! sorry i couldn't help you more. but glad you got it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)