Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
When the Hopper was first announced one of the new features I was excited about was Bluetooth audio, but then in thinking about it as a current Bluetooth headphones user I became disapointed because I know that Bluetooth headphones have an issue... if you have ever used them to watch video on you iPhone you will notice the sound is out of sync... bad. But knowing that I thought they would still be useful for listening to the music channels DISH carries.

Boy was I surprised when I got a demo of Bluetooth on the Hopper and watching I was shocked that there was almost no delay in the audio when watching television! The engineers of Echostar and Broadcom have been working together for a solution to the Bluetooth delay issue and they almost got it nailed! (The sound is just a fraction off a very tiny fraction!)

They are expecting an update within the next few weeks which will make it PERFECT.

For those wondering you can pair up to 8 pairs of headphones to your Hopper however only two pairs of headphones can listen at one time.

I am excited about Bluetooth audio again!

When will we see it on our Hoppers? I am sorry to say the best answer I have is SOON.

Stay Tuned!

This is one of the things I've been waiting for and no one ever mentions. Actually the wife cant wait for me to start using this. :rolleyes:
Thanks Scott.

this is another strong point for getting a Hopper.

Dish is pushing a lot of my buttons, don't know how much longer I can put it off.

Now if it just had 1 more tuner..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)