BOSCH

mpg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Watched it on prime last night, was good. Cutting the cord and saving $ is a myth. :) Only difference is the Kittie is split among multiple providers. LoL

OK I'm still saving money. But just a little.

Cutting the cord and saving $ is a myth. :) Only difference is the Kittie is split among multiple providers/QUOTE]

True... but you're not bound by any contracts, so nothing prevents you from switching (subin'/canceling monthly) according to your needs

True... but you're not bound by any contracts, so nothing prevents you from switching (subin'/canceling monthly) according to your needs

Just finished it. An EXCELLENT cop show with a great cast. I like shows with a single story arc as opposed to the crime of the week. Hope they make another season!

Have read every Harry Bosch novel, and had been waiting for a long time for the TV show. The pilot was great. But half-way through it I have grown weary and annoyed. There was no reason to mix three book plot-lines into one. While the acting and production is great, the writing pretty much sucks. Truly disappointed in the effort. Haven't even finished the series.

Well, you have both missed out on some great books -- much better than the series. What the series does well is capture Connelly's LA. Sights and sounds. It brings Harry's world to life. That is cool. The actor playing Bosch does a good job too. So does the one playing Edgar. I can accept that Irvin is Black, but in the books he is called Mr Clean. Bald-headed white guy. WHAT I did not like was the mashing of story-lines. City of Bones is one of my favorite books. As a TV-representation of it, I though they did a crappy job. And felt like the writing was no where near where it could have been, given what they had to work with.

Always a risk watching a TV adaption of a book or books you enjoy.

I wonder what they will do to Wayward Pines. I didn't care for the end so I'm not really emotionally attached.

Always a risk watching a TV adaption of a book or books you enjoy.

I wonder what they will do to Wayward Pines. I didn't care for the end so I'm not really emotionally attached.

LOL -- that book series fell about as flat as it could.

I get it about books turned into tv adaptions. I almost wish they had Totally blown it, kind of like the Clint Eastwood botch-job of Connelly's book Blood Work (which even Connelly made fun of in future novels). But with BOSCH they had the tone right, they had the actors right, they even had the exact jazz music right (in the pilot when Frank Morgan was playing in the background, I was truly in heaven). But they completely screwed up the story-lines, in a mashup that just wasn't needed.

Consider it this way. City of Bones is a 464 page novel. In movie screenplay time that would probably equate to a 2 hour movie unless you have a lot of fill. So, Amazon wanted to have a 10 episode series with each episode about 45 minutes long. They need 10 episodes to make it worthwhile financially. I believe that is why we see three books intermingled here. Connelly has written 17 Bosch Novels and is working on 18. Given that, we could have 6 good seasons of material . As we all know, especially Stephen King fans, story lines tend to go by the wayside when it comes to Film and TV....

Consider it this way. City of Bones is a 464 page novel. In movie screenplay time that would probably equate to a 2 hour movie unless you have a lot of fill. So, Amazon wanted to have a 10 episode series with each episode about 45 minutes long. They need 10 episodes to make it worthwhile financially. I believe that is why we see three books intermingled here. Connelly has written 17 Bosch Novels and is working on 18. Given that, we could have 6 good seasons of material . As we all know, especially Stephen King fans, story lines tend to go by the wayside when it comes to Film and TV....

I get it, but inter-twining them simply does not work for me. It is disjointed, and shows in the writing. And yes, Stephen King stories get mangled big time. I am anxiously awaiting 11-22-63, fully expecting them to screw it up. :)