BOSCH

Well that sucks. Since it's going to IMDb we'll have to put up with commercials.
Season 7 No GIF by Chicago Fire
:(

From an email from michaelconnelly.com:

The Bosch spinoff title was announced last week. It is Bosch: Legacy. The second TV series based on the Harry Bosch novels will stream on IMDB TV, Amazon’s premium free streaming service and a part of Prime Video. It will be streaming in 2022 but we do not have a release date yet. Production wrapped a few weeks ago. Bosch: Legacy stars Titus Welliver (Harry Bosch), Mimi Rogers (Honey Chandler) and Madison Lintz (Maddie Bosch).

Reactions: Zookster
Well, I don't look forward to commercials, but I do look forward to more Harry and Maddie.

Interesting that they are pushing this to IMDb. I understand it as the commercial sales are a huge revenue driver, but I like the opportunity to pay a little more and not put up with the commercials. They don't have an IMDb + option right?

Reactions: TRG and TheKrell
It irks me that Prime members don't get a commercial-free viewing experience on IMDb. How hard would it be to implement. I did watch the first view episodes of the Leverage reboot via IMDb. The reboot was meh and I stopped four episodes in. Fortunately, there was some kind of limited commercials deal in effect, so the ads weren't too bad, like three or four one-minute interruptions concentrated in the back half of the episode.

Reactions: TheKrell
Watched the first 4 episodes Freevee dropped today. At one point I started thinking I was missing some of the old characters. Next thing I knew, there was Crate and Barrell. Pretty good plots in play. Most commercial breaks are just :30.

Unique release schedule for Legacy. 4 episodes today and two more each of the next 3 Fridays. Have to put on my calendar to start watching around the 25th.

Frustrated I can't binge the entire season like I recently did all previous seasons of Bosch. And I'm not much of a binger.

As far as Legacy goes, it helps that I had lowered my expectations that this would be Bosch Lite. Still quite enjoyable, but missing those key elements (police dept. politics) and people at the precinct. The debate about the value of what Honey does (defending criminals) is going to get old if they don't find another issue to explore.

Ad load not bad at all. I'd almost rather they be 1.5 to 2 minutes to give me time to do something. lol So far I've gotten one 30 second and one 15 second spot.

Frustrated I can't binge the entire season like I recently did all previous seasons of Bosch. And I'm not much of a binger.
It is easy to binge, just wait until it is done, then watch, that is my plan.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
It is easy to binge, just wait until it is done, then watch, that is my plan.
I'm generally not much of a binger, so it doesn't even occur to me to do that. Normally two episodes a week of any show are plenty. There's just something different about Bosch for some reason.

I'm generally not much of a binger, so it doesn't even occur to me to do that. Normally two episodes a week of any show are plenty. There's just something different about Bosch for some reason.
You'll be able to binge it 5/27.

Though some call it Bosch Lite, I thought it was a solid success. The non-traditional cliffhanger was good, but so obvious at the end.

Last edited:
Finished up Legacy last night. Enjoyed very much. Not Lite to me at all. Can't recall if the story was all one book or a combination. I don't recall the daughter being a cop at that time in the books.

Up to Episode 5, forgot about it since it is not on Prime anymore, love the show, really hate the commercials.

Reactions: Howard Simmons