Boston locals HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Leeza

Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Montreal
Sponsored Links​

I was looking at the sat map,but I cannot seem to figure out the answer to my question.Can Boston locals in HD on Directv 11(99) be picked up in Montreal area? How about sd locals?
progress.gif

Sponsored Links​

I was looking at the sat map,but I cannot seem to figure out the answer to my question.Can Boston locals in HD on Directv 11(99) be picked up in Montreal area? How about sd locals?
progress.gif

I suspect you can get the sd channels with no problems, but the hd might be iffy. There are spot beam maps on the site somewhere, but I forget where they are. Anyone know where to find them?
Hey, I found them myself! (Pat on the back!) I'm not sure of the signal strength necessary, but looking at the maps, I think you could get the hd channels from Boston in Montreal with no issue. BTW, the maps are marked SATMAPS and are on the top of the forums page.

Last edited:
I looked at the satmaps,but I was not able to understand how they work.Which footprint did you look at to see if it extends up north?

I looked at the satmaps,but I was not able to understand how they work.Which footprint did you look at to see if it extends up north?

Going by memory, which could be a BIG mistake :eek: the 51.5 dBw line is the threshold for stable reception. Someone please correct me if this is not correct.

If you look here:Satkml, there are contour maps of many of the dmas, showing signal strength.

I looked at lyngsat and the put the Boston locals on Directv 11(99) and another list I got from another site has the transponders as being 15 and 17 for the HD channels.The map only shows Boston footprint for the Directv 12(103).Not sure which one is accurate or update,as lyngsat is notorious for being out of date.If the Satmap on here is correct,I am just around the limit it seems.Anyone from Mtl on here getting all of them?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)