Bought an HR44-200 owned, have not received an access card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

throbert

Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
Denver
Bought an HR44-200 owned, have not received an access card. Ordered, one and a half weeks ago, never showed. Another last Thursday, nothing. My third try and I doubt it's going to be delivered either. Checked the RID number with them and verified it is not leased, it's owned. Several times on the phone to so called premium care and these incompetents can't even email or give me a tracking number. The only bill I get that's more expensive than Directv is my mortgage and I have to put up with this???

Checked the RID number with directv before bought on ebay, not a lease unit no issues I was supposed to be able to get a card for it. I have a directv account.

$20, but I'm done, got a return for the hr44, picked up a better deal from
my cable provider and will be closing out directv. They're just too ridiculous
at this point to continue with.

$20, but I'm done, got a return for the hr44, picked up a better deal from
my cable provider and will be closing out directv. They're just too ridiculous
at this point to continue with.
Thats too bad, had you got one from D* it would have came with a A/C.
All this would have been avoided.

I don't think anybody asked.... Do you already have a Genie on your account? Or were you upgrading yourself?

True, but in reality, he should have gotten his Access Card quickly from D* without any issues.
I have never had such issues getting one from them ...

Just wondering if by chance he's "Moved" ?

That is what I was thinking too. I once had an account that "moved" to different DMA for their locals. When I discontinued the service. I had specifically asked them to ship the box to my service address. Told them I was staying at my real address for a few weeks and they said it would not be a problem.. Guess what, they sent it to my phony address but the Fedex guy called since he could not find the made up addy and I told them to my billing address and gave it to him to which the box eventually showed up. I don't know if it is DirecTV's policy to only send boxes or access cards to service address for returns automatically. Right now having moved I am a bit concerned if that happens and changing my service back to the real one and then changing it back might raise red flags over there. Some people frown on this but DirecTV most likely doesn't care as long as the bill is paid on time.

Reactions: pattykay
That is what I was thinking too. I once had an account that "moved" to different DMA for their locals. When I discontinued the service. I had specifically asked them to ship the box to my service address. Told them I was staying at my real address for a few weeks and they said it would not be a problem.. Guess what, they sent it to my phony address but the Fedex guy called since he could not find the made up addy and I told them to my billing address and gave it to him to which the box eventually showed up. I don't know if it is DirecTV's policy to only send boxes or access cards to service address for returns automatically. Right now having moved I am a bit concerned if that happens and changing my service back to the real one and then changing it back might raise red flags over there. Some people frown on this but DirecTV most likely doesn't care as long as the bill is paid on time.

I don't think the agents know how to ship to an alternate address.

I think they say yes they did it to get u off the phone.

That is what I was thinking too. I once had an account that "moved" to different DMA for their locals. When I discontinued the service. I had specifically asked them to ship the box to my service address. Told them I was staying at my real address for a few weeks and they said it would not be a problem.. Guess what, they sent it to my phony address but the Fedex guy called since he could not find the made up addy and I told them to my billing address and gave it to him to which the box eventually showed up.
The same thing happened to me. Even worse, after I later accepted Directv's win-back offer, and set up the new installation at my real address, they sent the installer to my old fake address. :coco

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts