Box freezes when changing channels

richard_rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
I have had voom now for 2 months and I love the programing and PQ, i use it with a InFocus Front Projector (106" screen). The only real problems that i am having is that my Voom receiver locks up on me when i change the channels fast.

If i pause a half second or more between channel changing the box does not lock up, but i often will just hit the up channel or down channel buttons in rapid succesion to change to a new channel quickly and this is when my box locks up ( happens about once or twice a night). The bad thing about this is when it freezes i just get a black screen with the last channel info on the bottom of the screen and i have to reboot the box to recover (which means i loose the program guide for 1-3 hours).

Does it sound like i have a bad receiver, or is lock ups do to rapid channel surfing a common known problem. I know i can reduce the problem by waiting 1 second in between channel changes but i am a Pro Class Channel Surfer and rapid channel changing is going to be a hard habbit for me to break!!

I had that problem before I had all the uptodate software on my box. Havn't had a lock up in some time now.

It's a known problem. My stb actually locked up more after that last upgrade.
You can try getting Voom to exchange your box, but that won't necessarily solve this issue. Maybe the next upgrade will finally fix this issue once and for all (if you can hold out that long)

?Multipath or Mapping Prob

I have lost VOOM service!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)