Box Sharing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I have been out of town the past month and now the new interface doesn't want to share from my other DVR's
I hate the new interface on my Genie, but anyway... I can only see a movie on the DVR in my office, not any of the TV shows I also recorded.
I reset all my DVR's and it still won't show. I do have allot of programs on the genie but that shouldn't have anything to do with this.
It worked fine before the new interface.
Any Ideas?
Thanks Jack

I have been out of town the past month and now the new interface doesn't want to share from my other DVR's
I hate the new interface on my Genie, but anyway... I can only see a movie on the DVR in my office, not any of the TV shows I also recorded.
I reset all my DVR's and it still won't show. I do have allot of programs on the genie but that shouldn't have anything to do with this.
It worked fine before the new interface.
Any Ideas?
Thanks Jack
Check in your Setting to see if "Sharing" somehow was shut off when the update took place.

I had them turned off while on vacation. I noticed that I can start to watch a show in the office and stop it, then go into the living room and it shows up as a watchable recording. But only that show. I have 6 Castle's and only the one I started to watch will show up.

Known and widely reported bug. You'll have to wait for direcTV to fix it.

Reactions: Jimbo
You don't pay separate for the Whole Home Service, its all part of your Genie recvr package.
Not necessarily. I pay separately for it, but I'm a long time customer. Newer customers do pay one fee that includes whole home when they have a genie.

I pay $3.99 a month for it and I've been with D for 21 years.
Thats why you pay the $3.99, your a long time sub.

I too am a long time sub ... it use to be broke down between the Whole Home, the DVR and the HD fees, then a while back they decided to combine the fees into what they call an Advanced Recvr Fee I think it is, which basically means if you were getting a genie that the way its written out on the bill ... so it would show as anywhere from 21 to 25 dollars for a ARF ... Personally, I would question that huge fee if I didn't know what it was for.

Many of the old timers still have it broken down ....

I don't know how they have it anymore on my bill, haven't looked at it in ages ... (maybe I should !)

Thats why you pay the $3.99, your a long time sub.

I too am a long time sub ... it use to be broke down between the Whole Home, the DVR and the HD fees, then a while back they decided to combine the fees into what they call an Advanced Recvr Fee I think it is, which basically means if you were getting a genie that the way its written out on the bill ... so it would show as anywhere from 21 to 25 dollars for a ARF ... Personally, I would question that huge fee if I didn't know what it was for.

Many of the old timers still have it broken down ....

I don't know how they have it anymore on my bill, haven't looked at it in ages ... (maybe I should !)
Ok, I looked ...
I can't answer my own question as its not broken down on my bill anymore ....

There are 4 ways this is billed...

A) $10 Dvr fee, $10 HD Access fee, $3.00 whole home Dvr Fee.

B) $25 advance receiver service fee.

C) $15 advance receiver service fee, plus $7 for first Tv

D) Billed as “all in one” where first receiver, HD, DVR, and DVR SHARING fee is included with the base programming package

I guess I only pay 3$.

Attachments

• D Bill.JPG
    D Bill.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 182
I called and asked about this problem and they said I had to upgrade my 2 dvr's for it to work again.
I really don't understand the box thing I have a 24-200 and a 24-500 in the 2 other rooms plus the Genie on the big screen. So what is this new box that works with the Whole Home .? There will be no charge for the boxes (Except for loosing all the recordings) but the 24 month thing is a scam. Since I've been a D* user for 20+ years.
This is their fault for this upgrade to the guide that started all this. And everyone I've talked to HATES it.

There should be no contract extension involved since this is an equipment failure situation.

Reactions: Plywodstatebum
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)