Cabin set up for HR54-200 Genie

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Albert C. Kruger

Original poster
Jul 1, 2018
Harrisburg< Pa.
I bought a DIRECTV SLIMLINE HD COMPLETE/4K-UHD DISH KA/KU 3D2RB LNB to install at my hunting cabin. It included a SwiM ODU 21 volt power inserter and a 4 way splitter. Do I need to install them to use my HR54-200 Genie receiver? If so can someone explain the hook up procedure?

:welcome to Satelliteguys Albert!
You need the HR54 and a C61k client to get 4k. That means you do need a splitter. One coax comes from the dish to the splitter, one line to the HR54, and one to the C61k client off the splitter. The HR54 can power the lnb because it has a built in power inserter but the HR54 has to be on the leg of the splitter that has the power passing port, marked by the red line.

Reactions: Jimbo
OK. Being completely fresh on all this jazz, what is the C61K client? Where do I get one and If I am not worried about 4K can I do without it? I just want some TV to pass the time on winter nights when it's sub zero and holed up by the wood stove. I do not have a client on my set up now, just the HR54-200. Wouldn't that same set up work? I plan on taking the equipment from home up to camp and install the new dish.

Last edited:
OK. Being completely fresh on all this jazz, what is the C61K client? Where do I get one and If I am not worried about 4K can I do without it? I just want some TV to pass the time on winter nights when it's sub zero and holed up by the wood stove. I do not have a client on my set up now, just the HR54-200. Wouldn't that same set up work? I plan on taking the equipment from home up to camp and install the new dish.
If you only are dealing with 1 TV, you won't need the C61k up there, unless you need 4k.

The C61k is the device that will allow the HR54 to give you 4k, the HR54 doesn't do 4k, but passes the signal on to the C61k which does make it 4k.

If you have an HR54 it’s 1 wire to the LNB.

NO POWER INSERTER OR splitter required.

The power inserter is optional, if you plan on ever getting an HR24 or H25 and leaving it there.

The splitter can be used as a ground block

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts