Box With The "Best" Picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smata67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
I am getting the picture-improvement itch and was wondering if there are any boxes out there that would improve the picture I am currently getting with the Coolsat 4000 Pro. Not reception, but pure picture quality. I have this box hooked up thru S-Video.

BEST picture I have seen has been on the Satwork range and now Traxis.

Great question!

Which model numbers and do you think it is better enough to pursue and upgrade. Thanks.

Both Satworks models had great pictures, the Traxis DBS 3500 is what I use now. I would wait and see what other members have to say also!

The Coolsat 5000 has component out jacks and that should improve your picture quality. The Pansat 3500 also has component out jacks. Probably any receiver with component out jacks is what you're looking for.

Al

my dreambox 7000 has great pic quality as well, at least as far as I can tell hehe.

if you got cpu power to spare then you can tweak dvb cards to get amazing quality through different graphs and filters.

This is gonna sound a little weird, but my modulated "channel 3" signal looks better than the composite video. Is that odd? Or normal? I have a Coolsat 4000

I've gone through 3 in the short time I've been an FTA'er- Coolsat 5000, Neusat SP6000, and SonicView SV1000.

All three have very good PQ. The best of the 3 seems to be the Neusat. But, my favorite overall is the SonicView, followed by the Coolsat and Neusat.

I've been primarily using the s-video output of all three. But, all three do have component outputs, which is nice if I need to use the FTA with my LCD projector. I just can't give you a comparison of the component outputs, since I haven't been using them.

It depends on what TV you have and how you are going to connect your receiver to the TV.

Also, picture quality depends on the source quality. A more compressed channel will not look as good as a less compressed one. For example using the same receiver, PBS channels (on AMC3 ) will look much better than VTV4 on IA5.

If you have a TV that accepts Component Video input, then select a receiver that has this feature, such as the Fortec Mercury II receiver.

I finally got the Neusat SP6000 from the ebay vendor (got jacked around for 2 months while they "lost" payment...)

I'm still trying to figure out the menus, but so far it seems to find more stuff than the Ultra does, a little quicker changing screens, and picture is a bit better, too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts