Boxing News

Whey ever happen to that Messi heavyweight? at first he was destined for great things then just disappeared

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Carl Froch vs George Groves II live from Wembley Stadium, London in front of 80,000 people.
May 31st, 2014 on HBO.

Whey ever happen to that Messi heavyweight? at first he was destined for great things then just disappeared

he left with his mind still intact. good move. he did miss the big paydays, but he had limited skills in the defensive area no Hopkins was he.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Mesi

I hope Top Rank and Goldenboy can come together so we can see Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Also HBO and Showtime would have to figure it out.

I hope Top Rank and Goldenboy can come together so we can see Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Also HBO and Showtime would have to figure it out.

the $$ is right now if they did it 4+ years ago it would have been half of what it is now. plus Showtime needs to get paid for the deal money May got. my guess is no later than May 2015.

yet old Bob going 5th grader at the MGM won't help.

Assuming they could get Manny and Money in ring together now, the money would be great. But I think the fight would have been a better one 4 years ago.

I'm not one to get PPV, but I'm very tempted to get the Mayweather/Maidana fight. I think Maidana has a very good chance to beat Mayweather. Should be a hell of a fight!

been a PPV buyer since 1971 (Ali–Frazier I) back then one had to worry about duking it out with other fans just to get out of the theater. lol
Maidana will not touch Floyd much in this one..... less than Shumenov got to Hopkins.

Hopkins offered to fight Floyd the other day now that would be worth big $$ for both and i would pay my share. and Elvis just called saying he would come back to see that one.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ageless-hopkins-pitches-50-50-mayweather-deal-204647581--box.html

The battles went from Associations(WBC vs WBA vs IBF), to promoters(Arum, Don King, Golden Boy) to now HBO vs Showtime. SMH

I'd like to see that too, and I think Maidana has a chance to do so. But realistically Mayweather is a very tough nut to crack! His defense is superb.

since Floyd got back with his dad his defense has rolled back 8-10 years. before that he looked vulnerable in those last few fights before Floyd Sr came back.

The only guys that really made him bleed was my boy Cotto. I wish Cotto had Freddie Roach the last 5 years...he would have known to BETTER train Cotto and you would have seen a much better fight between Mayweather and Cotto.

...but, as the ole saying goes, "coulda, shoulda, woulda...and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...."

The only guys that really made him bleed was my boy Cotto. I wish Cotto had Freddie Roach the last 5 years...he would have known to BETTER train Cotto and you would have seen a much better fight between Mayweather and Cotto.

...but, as the ole saying goes, "coulda, shoulda, woulda...and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...."

and that's the fight that made him think ..................can Dad help my D ?
so far so good

Maidana came out hard & fast, then Floyd does what he do. Floyd made the fight tougher on himself by backing up on the ropes after the 4th. was more interesting that way but not the smartest thing to do. it was the only time Maidana could touch him, he got away with it this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)