Boxing News

....And Mayweather will NOT give Maidana a rematch. He has NOTHING to gain by that. Will NEVER, EVER give "what the fight fans want"...only what he wants.

and why would it be prudent for Floyd to do that ?
Because he's fought every other worthy opponent I could think of? I mean who else is left for him to fight besides Khan and Martinez? Manny Pacquiao? It didn't happen 4 years ago and I don't see it happening now. Paulie Malignaggi? Maybe but I doubt he would survive 3 rounds with Mayweather. Lucas Maythesse? If Mayweather won't fight Martinez, I doubt he's gonna fight Maythesse.

Amir Khan should be next then ?? but Manny next by May remember you heard it first here.
and now/soon is the $ time for Manny & Floyd. and if it's a barn burner the rematch could be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ let alone a trilogy. if that were to happen Floyd might still have a dollar when he's 50 lol

Last nights Stivern vs Arreola fight on ESPN2 was pretty good. Stivern by knockout as I expected. He is such a heavy hitter and can also take some serious punches, that while it was an enjoyable fight the outcome wasn't much in doubt in my mind.

During one of the comment sections of the show, they said that Klitschko wants to unify the belts and is interested in coming to the US again to fight.

Floyd Mayweather's unbeatable façade cracked Saturday, but as always, he came out a winner http://sports.yahoo.com/news/floyd-...s--he-came-out-a-winner-090705409-boxing.html Best photos of Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/mayweather-maidana-fight-night-1399163977-slideshow/

I just finished watching the fight. Got to say a few things about it.

1. Only one judge even came close to being right on scoring, and that was the one with the tie vote.
2. A different referee could have resulted in a very different outcome. Someone like 'let them fight' Smoger for instance, wouldn't have broken them up as often as Weeks did.
3. And for those here that said Maidana wouldn't put a glove on Mayweather, well he did. He put 2 gloves on him lots of times!

I had it 5-1 for the first 6 rounds on my score card in favor of Maidana and fairly split the last 6 rounds. No way was there a 117-111 score except on the blind scorer's card!

Mayweather won't give Maidana a rematch because frankly he could very well lose to Maidana in any sane world, and the foul tactics that Mayweather didn't like are just sour grapes on his part. Mayweather does his own fair share of that himself.

But the article claiming that it will take a knockout to beat Mayweather is probably spot on. The only way that someone will beat Mayweather is to take it out of the judges hands!

Last nights Stivern vs Arreola fight on ESPN2 was pretty good. Stivern by knockout as I expected. He is such a heavy hitter and can also take some serious punches, that while it was an enjoyable fight the outcome wasn't much in doubt in my mind.

During one of the comment sections of the show, they said that Klitschko wants to unify the belts and is interested in coming to the US again to fight.

Interesting....never heard of this local chap Stivern despite following the local fight scene for the past 10 years.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've only seen him once before when he had his last fight with Arreola and he won then too.

He seems to be a pretty good fighter and certainly has a very powerful punch. But I don't see him doing much better than others against Klitschko. That big punch doesn't count unless he can actually get it on Klitchko's face!